Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some break in miles has anyones steering loosened up some? My steering used to be real tight, "no play in the steering" when driving. I now have a "dead zone" about an inch
play left or right while driving straight down the road. Really noticed it after my car went to the shop via a flat bed strapped down. Any inputs? Thanks:cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
LotsaFords said:
After some break in miles has anyones steering loosened up some? My steering used to be real tight, "no play in the steering" when driving. I now have a "dead zone" about an inch
play left or right while driving straight down the road. Really noticed it after my car went to the shop via a flat bed strapped down. Any inputs? Thanks:cool:
Sounds like something may have been popped when it was towed - it wasn't being towed because you had driven over a parking barricade or something?

I would have it checked - these racks should not have that much play.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, wasn't towed for hitting anything.
Fuel pump problem. Definetly not as tight
as before. No pull, drives straight, but lots of play
just feels wrong. Thanks for the input:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have the dealer check it out. It shouldn't have that much play. If you really have a steering dead zone - try to find out where the compliance is: steering wheel to shaft, shaft intermediate joints, or steering gear. Once you find the compliance, you can replace the suspect part. Only other thought is an alignment issue - could cause it to wander or dart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts