Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about running a blower with stg 1 CMS n/a cams?

Ive seen people having good results with stg 1 comp cams and a blower

·
Breaking ****
1,304 Posts
will work out, those NA cams give better torque on blower cars than a blower cam. buddy has a novi2000 with a VT stage 1 na cams and made awesome power 460/420!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Plenty of people have done it with good results. I would still go with a blower cam of some kind you will make more power overall especially in the top end. Some have gained 50hp by swaping over to blower cams.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a stage 1 n/a comp cam with a v1 and im making 402hp and 374tq, witch i think is pretty good for being at 9lbs. Whats other mods to u have?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have a stage 1 n/a comp cam with a v1 and im making 402hp and 374tq, witch i think is pretty good for being at 9lbs. Whats other mods to u have?
Seems about right if you have a very conservative tune. You were probably making low to mid 290's N/A, and then you threw 9psi at it. Most cars with full bolt ons, stock cams, and 8psi will make 375-385rwhp.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I would like to see someone with stage 2 n/a cam and blower
They will leak boost. You may have the blower pullied for 10psi, but you'll only be seeing 8psi.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They will leak boost. You may have the blower pullied for 10psi, but you'll only be seeing 8psi.
Exactly...thats why I was even curious if people saw good results with the stage 1 cams...I guess the stage 1s arent aggressive enough or have enough valve overlap to really leak boost enough to notice.

·
Breaking ****
1,304 Posts
I would like to see someone with stage 2 n/a cam and blower
I have comp 270 cams and just slapped a SQ on with the stock pulley. (i have a 3.12" on standby, just need more money for a cage and FMIC), so late March i'll be on the rollers for a tune.

·
Registered
58 Posts
here is a thread that i start on a different forum,there was a dude with vt stage 2 n/a cams making near 430rwhp....
http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?t=92379
They really busted that guy's balls in that thread. Easy to see why mod depot forums doesnt have much activity. If you have it run it, everyone talks about optimum this and that, but not everyone is planning on building 1000hp dragsters.

If you read the 3v forums, the guys running the ford hot rod cams with blowers didnt get ranted like that. Those cams arent even close to being decent blower cams.

Unless the part in question is completely rediculous for the setup you're running, there's not much reason not to. Remember that boost power comes from N/A power first.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I talk to Lidio @ alternative auto about this and I told him the specs on the vt stage 2 n/a cams,his respond was,Sash the cams gonna be fine ,they gonna bleed a little bust but she is gonna make a good power,I have a vt n/a cams in my car, and I am so curious right now about this is not even funny,as soon as I get the blower I'll post some results here......

·
Registered
94 Posts
Seems about right if you have a very conservative tune. You were probably making low to mid 290's N/A, and then you threw 9psi at it. Most cars with full bolt ons, stock cams, and 8psi will make 375-385rwhp.
At 8psi, i made 383-365rwhp. For some odd reason my tq. is really low compared to other to other cars. Im gona get it dyno tuned and hopefully get a little more power cuz the tune i have in it right now is a mail order tune and its too convervative.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts