Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those interested, the stock front seats weigh 51 lbs. each. I installed a Corbeau Forza seat and bracket this evening. Total weight for seat and bracket was 31 lbs. With the passenger seat pulled and driver seat replaced, 71 lbs. total weight savings.

Link to seat:
Corbeau: Forza

· Registered
2,099 Posts
Good info. So there is some savings to be had even over the base seats.

· Registered
158 Posts
wow, good savings! how about the airbag light?

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes on the airbag light being on. These were cloth, base model seats. I will get some pics up later. Just got the car loaded on the trailer for some racetrack duty tonight. ;)

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to hear that. Im going to private track rental on the 18th see what i can get out of my new combo.
Nice! Staying tuned for results.

I watched the video footage on the break and all indications are pointing to driver side axle. That tells me several things:

1. New tires hooked great.
2. Clutch worked great.

I'll start tearing into it over the next week to inspect the damage. :stretcher

· Registered
2,099 Posts
WBT that sucks..Time to upgrade. And get it back up in the next couple weeks.

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So it's time to put stock parts on the car and take it to the dealership and demand they fix it, right? Then when they refuse your attempted warranty fraud, make threads on every forum you can think of, ranting about Ford's "glass axles", threatening media exposures and lawsuits, even making up some conspiracy theories about how the line workers knowingly put bad axles in, right?

Sorry, I couldn't resist after all of the previous baggery from various idiots about their engines and transmissions after they've modified and/or raced their cars.
Damn i've been had.... :(

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update on the status/carnage and seat pic:

Driver side axle twisted in half. Carrier, differential, ring and pinion gear all look great. Tells me the axle tube brace and diff cover with bearing cap pre-load are doing their job.

Money shot as the axle went on hiatus:
axle.wmv - YouTube

For those wanting a pic of the seat:

I have some decision making to do over the next few days. Should be back up and running for another shot in December. :)

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How did you attach the seatbelt latch, to the seat? or to the floor?
The mounting bracket has provisions to bolt the seat belt buckle to it. I saw this setup in person prior to purchasing and that was one of the many features that helped me decide. It is literally just a bolt in part. No fabrication needed. :)

· Registered
158 Posts
The mounting bracket has provisions to bolt the seat belt buckle to it. I saw this setup in person prior to purchasing and that was one of the many features that helped me decide. It is literally just a bolt in part. No fabrication needed. :)
Awesome, thanks! One last question, I'm 6'@210lbs. any issues the seat itself?, the rake? I have to drive one hour to get to the track...

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awesome, thanks! One last question, I'm 6'@210lbs. any issues the seat itself?, the rake? I have to drive one hour to get to the track...
You bet. I'm not that tall, 5'9", however the seat slides way back and is upright. I prefer that peraonally. That said, kdanner is closer to your height and as far as I know, he doesn't mind the rake or legroom at all. Hope that helps. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.