Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With guys like Pete and Richard making Insane Power.
I guess our heads flow preety good.
Is doing the heads worth it?..These Heads would be expensive to do i am sure....
Is there a big benefit...??

What do these Stock Heads Flow...??

·
Registered
511 Posts
Eric,

I have some good pics of the the 03 exhaust port compared to the Navi port, but I can't seem to attach them. Would you like me to send them to you?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ayrton said:
Eric,

I have some good pics of the the 03 exhaust port compared to the Navi port, but I can't seem to attach them. Would you like me to send them to you?
I'd like to see them,,
[email protected]

·
Registered
511 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
I'd like to see them,,
[email protected]
Jim,

I am at the office, but I will send them to you this evening. I have a set of 03 head and a set of Navi heads in the shop so I can get some additional photos, but there really is no visable differance other than the exhaust port.

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
I believe SHM currently has 03 Cobra race ported heads available for $2600.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ayrton said:
Jim,

I am at the office, but I will send them to you this evening. I have a set of 03 head and a set of Navi heads in the shop so I can get some additional photos, but there really is no visable differance other than the exhaust port.
Thank's

·
Registered
511 Posts
03Steve said:
Hmmm...interesting considering that the bare heads cost about $600 each, but I am sure SHM is getting them for less. I should have mine back in about 6 weeks.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
03Steve said:
That's the point of this post..For 2600 bucks,how much more do they flow?
What can we expect? Do they Tick??????;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
I can't really say I am a big fan of SHM, but I am spending about $2500 on just the porting and valve train alone, and that is on top of the cost of the bare heads.

Who knows at this point, I will either have a great set of heads or very expensive paper weights.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had done some checking on this before and talked to a well advertised head porting shop who claimed to get around 320cfm max flow vice the mid/upper 200s stock. I had thought of why not going this route, but not enough info on what else would have to change. The bare heads are cheap, but I don't know what might be gained once you look at the cost of every other item I would have to redo to get the performance they might be capable of.....including some reliable cams.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I think the Navi heads are a great upgrade for the cost to the average DOHC Mustang owner over previous heads, and most people can't/wont spend the money for FR500 or 03 Cobra heads.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ayrton/Chris and I have posted some pictures of the DOHC heads. I also posted some flow numbers for the Navi heads. Check the post for an update real soon. Chris is going to have side by side pictures of the 03 Cobra and Navi heads with intake and exhaust port measurements. - John

http://www.modularfords.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1935

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ron at Fox Lake is getting in a set of 03 heads shortly. We'll be doing something with them in the magazines. I'll pass along how they stack up to the FR500s, 01 4-cam heads, etc.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Dr. Jamie Meyer said:
Ron at Fox Lake is getting in a set of 03 heads shortly. We'll be doing something with them in the magazines. I'll pass along how they stack up to the FR500s, 01 4-cam heads, etc.
That will be a good article. Fox Lake does some kick ass work.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Dr. Jamie Meyer said:
:blob :blob :blob

·
L&M Engines
274 Posts
DOHC Supercharged Heads

With all this talk on airflow, here is some stock flow comparisions we tested.

http://www.lmengines.com/DOHC Cobra flow.htm

We are designing ported heads for all the supercharged 4.6 DOHC engines, in conjunction with our custom cams.

The cams calculate about 600-640 RWHP with the Eaton and moderate boost.

The more efficient KB blower works out to be 750 RWHP and reasonable boost.

With our heads, intake and cam combos 1000-1100 HP will be a reality. Killer numbers!!!

Our designs will enable one to get the dangerous high boost levels down to reasonable safe inlet air temps to reduce denotation.

Happy Motoring //Michael

TORCO Race Fuels Distributor

1 - 20 of 26 Posts