Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been going insane finding a intake solution. Would me going from the stock intake with a filter to a jlt rai benefit me? What kind of hp numbers are we talking? What do you guys prefer.Thanks.

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
It's a tough question for anyone to comment on without knowing your setup.
Details would help

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
I've been told that the stock intake doesn't become a flow restriction (with an upgraded filter) until about 460RWHP.
I've got a similar setup to yours, and have been told that any gains I see would be minimal at best.
Most people suggested cooling mods, or a diff brace at my (our) power level.

Hope that helps-

·
Blower Whine Junkie
618 Posts
What size filter are you running now? Are you running just a big filter on the stock tube with no air box around it? If so you probably wouldn't gain much by just swapping the tubes, I swapped them just for looks.

·
Registered
889 Posts
This Is Just For Reference, 3.4l Whipple, 3.8 Upper,stock Lower, "stock Plastic Inlet",90mm Maf,maf Adapter,mac Filter======700 Plus Rwhp. PLUS WE WILL SEE SHORTLY WHAT MY PUMP GAS 3.4L WHIPPLE DOES.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a JLT Tube with a 12" filter at the end in a RAI fashion. Not sure there is a difference in what your asking, but a CAI will make less horsepower.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Stock intake with 12" filter for you...ive made just as much power with a Kb 2.4 on a stock intake tube with a 12" filter as I have with a JLT RAI and 12" Filter.......

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I have a 12 inch....and I don't mean in my pants hhahah. Ok so if the filter is good enough I won't change it. Do you guys recommend a shield around the filter?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.