Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people are running stock motor mounts with whipples and Kb's? Is it safe to run the stockers or is it pretty much a must have for the switch to twin screw blowers?

·
Registered
681 Posts
nothing wrong with stock, they are very soft and eventually will need replacing.
i did go solid mounts, just dont want to worry about it. i looked closely at stock mounts and they look very safe and secure if one was to give out. haven't heard anyone break a motor mount yet.

·
4.6 ways to waste money
1,940 Posts
I went with the energy suspension poly mounts...I broke stockers in my bolt on 97 Cobra, both of them...

·
Registered
681 Posts
I went with the energy suspension poly mounts...I broke stockers in my bolt on 97 Cobra, both of them...
well in that case, i broke both on my 98, one first and didn't really put 2 and 2 together till the other gave out and the damage was done, broken headers, broke all the welds at primaries to mounting flange at heads, one stage8 locking header bolt ripped right out of the head. but i cant recall if they are the same mounts as 03 cobra ?

·
Blower Whine Junkie
618 Posts
I honestly haven't heard of anybody replacing their motor mounts in these cars.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
^Me neither.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I only have a Eaton but after one day at the track last Oct. the solid C&L intake tube hit the strut tower so hard it dented it, then when I pulled it apart it broke the lip on the TB. The stock mounts must have moved quite abit to do all this? This winter I put a UPR K member in and put solid mounts in, problem solved. The stock mounts looked fine, and by the way if you want I think changing the mounts would be a fairly simple job.

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
I went with solids, because it offers the stability to allow better shifting. For an all-street car, I would stay with the stock ones, and maybe go to the poly units for an every-now-and-then dragger.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
When I took my old longtubes off, they had a dent from where the motor rocked over and dented them. Car had 34k miles on the stock mounts. I went with solid mounts. I drag my car alot though

·
Registered
523 Posts
I went thru 2 sets of stockers before changing over to energy suspension motor mounts... I know someone that went thru 2 sets of stockers and one set of energy suspension motor mounts, but then switched over finally to solid ones.... If you have long tubes you are going to be ballz deep with labor bills especially if they are 1 3/4 headers!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts