Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody give me the part #'s for the QA1 rear shocks and the number for the strange shocks also. thanks jeff

·
Registered
120 Posts
A member of NLOC told me that the Strange 87-93 Mustang rear shocks will work if you have lowered the rear of your truck at least 2 inches.
I was going to buy some last week and try them.

Let us know if you get some, its going to be at leat 2 more weeks before I can order them.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks KBzilla I think I'm going try the strange shocks just to be different maybe I'll get lucky and they will work.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I run the QA1's in the back of my Lightning. Just a little FYI, you can get them thru summit for pretty cheap. I am not sure on the part number though. Sorry. If you go with the Strange shocks, goodluck and give us some feedback. -Mat-

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
strange has a great reputation used them on my 10.5 oulaw car they have been in the industry for years I'm going to the U.S. Nationals in INdy this weekend I might get me a set from the vender their.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a don bring that truck of yours to bowling green we need some more gen 2 trucks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
What are the dates for Bowling Green>??? That would be a long trip home if something went wrong though. Woah! -Mat-

·
Registered
375 Posts
Depending on how my broken leg is doing, I might try and make the trip out there. I will have to talk it over with my Brother. I love racing at Beechbend. We go there once a year with out Turbo Buicks and it is always a good time! -Mat-

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
svt150 did you use Qa1 part# HAL-MU7855P 1979 to present mustang shocks on your truck and did they bolt up without any fabricating. got part# out of summit catolog.:blob :blob

·
Registered
375 Posts
I bought mine from Tuner X. My brother called Summit and got that price, I am sure if you call they can lead you in the right direction. I just wish I had known this I could have saved a lot of money getting them thru Summit. I am not sure on the exact part number though. If you get them from Tuner X they do include the top nut and bushing, which I am sure anyone can get from Ford for a few buck. It is all up to you on which way you go. -Mat-

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did you ever figure out what part # is the correct one?

Im going to be purchasing a set of these soon..

Thanks!
Dale

1 - 17 of 17 Posts