Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys, I just want to say I am absolutely elated with my car right now. This was the first real day I stacked it up against some SERIOUS competition. That road out there is the best, it is just way too entertaining, if you are not in a race you are watching one. It ranges from comical (watching 2 ricers go at it) to purely awesome (like the LS1 Firebird getting yanked by a Lightning, only to reel him in with an awesome top-end charge). I am truely amazed by my car at this point. I would like to especially thank Joe at JD's Performance for the wicked tune I have, I am just at a loss for words right now.

Kills include:
Saleen S-281
'92 GT
96 LT1 Firebird ON NITROUS

and this is the best one, and the most shocking of all:
A GSXR750 MOTORCYCLE up to 100mph:jawdrop

·
Registered
481 Posts
NICE KILLS!!!! :D

I am not sure how the scene is around there and not sure if this board is monitored by cops, but watch when posting exact locations...

·
Registered
20 Posts
no offense man and you have an awesome car but the dude on the 750 could not ride to save his life or had a very sick(as in messed up) bike.

Good kills though.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
good kills solid, these cars are great , huh?
and as for the bike , it is possible he beat them , i have owned 2 bikes and and driven many others. many of you guys see 10 sec times in the magazines for these bikes and think they run that hands down no matter if someones grandmother is driving it, but thats not the case.just like a car , you have to blast the shit out of a bike shifting and all to get remotely close to what they get in a magazine. so as for the bike race, maybe the guy seen a "car" thought the "car" had no chance, and took it 1/2 way easy out of the whole , but what was he doing afterwards when he seen solid's taillights!! im not making any waves , just stating what i know.i also have beaten 2 cbr 600's , 1 i posted and no one believed , so i didnt bother with the other. bikes are definately faster then an 03 cobra by far. but my only point is , no one can sleep on a pullied 03, including a bike...

·
Banned
572 Posts
real nice kills..........

you should ad to your thread your complete address to your house this way the cops and who ever eles gets there balls busted can find you !!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
cubes said:
The motorcycle rider was only playing with you. Remember that is a 10 second ride.
Don't be too sure. Just like not all drivers can get their stock Cobra's in the 12's or modded ones in the 11's, not all guys can get their bikes near their full potential.

I was reluctant to run bikes at first, figuring I'd get creamed, but I haven't lost to any that have actually tried.

Weird, but true.

JT

·
Registered
3 Posts
JT said:
Don't be too sure. Just like not all drivers can get their stock Cobra's in the 12's or modded ones in the 11's, not all guys can get their bikes near their full potential.

I was reluctant to run bikes at first, figuring I'd get creamed, but I haven't lost to any that have actually tried.

Weird, but true.

JT
Good point JT. Driver is just as important as a car. I was good a launching and powershifting so that made a huge difference. I have seen many hot shot "guidos" flip their bikes or bog on the launch.

Some of you guys should not give Snake such a hard time about the police issue. The racing scenes are no secret to anybody. I doubt there is anything on a message board that the cops don't already know.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To all you non-believers about the motorcycle. Believe me about this when I say, the guy was prepeared to race my car. He first asked me what I had in the car, so I replied "458 horsepower, and oh yea, a blower". So he knew what I was bringing to the table. I actually raced a GROUP of bikes, 2 were on my left and 2 were on my right. They knew a race was coming, bottom line. We all hooked up at a light. Wouldn't you let the "best" rider try to take me out? Anyway, I was surrounded by bikes and NOT ONE passed me. I yanked him out of the hole, as I know it's tough to launch a bike. He stayed at my ass end till about 80mph, then he started to pull me, and he was going to pass me and I shut it down at 100mph. Trust me THE GUYS WAS RACING, and trust me I got some serious respect from ALL the riders in that posse.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Playing with me......? That's a good one, and Sax1031 have you ever been in a heavily modded 03 Cobra? Or raced one maybe? You have no idea until you experience it for yourself, ignorance is not bliss.....

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
SolidSnake said:
Playing with me......? That's a good one, and Sax1031 have you ever been in a heavily modded 03 Cobra? Or raced one maybe? You have no idea until you experience it for yourself, ignorance is not bliss.....
Please, Play nice...

JT

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I be playing nice JT, no need to worry about me, Mr. Moderator!!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Cobra's Vs Bikes

My story of a run against a lean green Ninga Machine. My car is at the 450 RWHP Level

I do not know exacttly what I ran against. ZX6, 7, 9 etc, but it was a newer bike.

I was heading up RT 93 N. during bike week, loafing along at 90-95 or so without a lot of traffic and I came up slowly along a group of bikes heading to Bike weekend. As I was easing past, the lead bike started to pace me, front wheel to front wheel. I figured, if he goes for it, what the hell, I might as well let him show me how fast his bike is.
Well I hear him wack open his throttle and I hit da boost.
By about 120 he has about a 3 ft. By 140 which is when we both shut down, I had him by more than a car length. The Cobra's superior areodynamics and steamroller HP opened a can of Woop-ass on this bike, actually to my suprise! All the time my Rotty/lab mutt stared out the window at this guy.

I ride a GSX-1100G and the Cobra is faster from 3 gear up.
Wait till I do a Works 2.3 L screw next year! I'll do that at the track.

I very seldom take on a street race. The situation and road conditions rarely make for even a semi-safe race. Street racing is stupid, I feel so guilty.

Mike69440

·
Registered
20 Posts
SolidSnake said:
I have been in a 520rwhp Cobra. They are strong but still not a match for the liter bike. My bike runs the same on the street as at the track. Not many cars can say that.

If you want to run the 1000 with your Cobra then just say so.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My brother has a GSXR1000, I'll let you know how I fare against that. Your GIXXER ain't God's gift to motorcycles by the way, there is always someone faster.........don't make this into a pissing contest, please. And my brother is a decent rider, too, so it will be fun, and may humble him a bit.

By the way, I didn't say I whipped the bike's ass. I got him off the line, and I am confident I can yank any bike off the line due to the fact that bikes are harder to launch than my Cobra. Then he was about a half-car length BEHIND my car, I was holding him off!!! Until about 80mph, then he started to pull on me, I missed 4th and shut it down. He passed me, but slowed down enough to give me and my car RESPECT THAT IT DESERVES. I have had Harley-Davidson guys tell me that my car sounds wicked as hell, now THAT'S A COMPLIMENT.

We shouldn't even be having this discussion about bikes vs. cars. Of course the bike should KICK MY ASS, but ya know what, IT DIDN'T. DEAL WITH IT, don't make excuses for anyone, and don't try to discredit my story. Trust me, I have better things to do that to make up lies on the message boards.

I ain't a keyboard racer no more!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I never understood why people..or more like kids around here think they are the shit in their bikes??

Bike vs Car..is quite pointless...a properly driven bike will and should beat your average Cobra.

Though myself have beat a kid in a GSXR-750 from about a 50mph roll...granted he couldnt drive...I was making 460rwhp..trapping at the most 122. I will now though eat a properly driven 750/1000 alive from a roll :)

My friend has a Z06 with some spray..trapped 124...will we raced this older Kitana I think it was...anyways we have it on video...this guy put atleast 8 cars on us...I dont know what the fu*k hit us...must of been a comination of a good rider/mods because that was the fastest bike i had ever seen.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Benchracing, 600 hp Cobra vs Liter bike.

Given a Cobra with traction and 600 hp, I guess the 1/4 mile would have to go to the bike, provided the guy rides like he tests for CW.

Most dumb ass street squid can't match within .75 to a full second of what the bike is capable of. For that matter I bet MM & FF would get my car down the track about a second quicker than my grandma driving does. I would not want it back after they got thrrought with it, though!

On a blast from say 80 to +150, the 600 hp Cobra running in 4th and 5th gear, I bet in a half mile the bike would loose steam.

Just don't try this at home kids.

Mike69440

1 - 18 of 18 Posts