Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night was one of those fun street nights. Pete and I rolled out to Toms River NJ to represent the 03's among the MASSES of street cars.

It was so cool seeing Pete rolling around in a 9-second 03 with perfect street manners and drivability.

We hit the scene at about 10 PM and it was kinda quiet. But within an hour, in a shopping center parking lot, there were about 50 cars and 100 people! Very indicitave of a swap meet.

Saw a bunch of 03 guys throughout the night and everyone had a good time. People were in awe of the KB 03's and a few cruises up and down the local roads made a strong impression that these combos are to be feared by most.

Some of the NMRA big dog racers showed up as well and admired the hell out of the 03's. It was just an awesome time.

Harry, I am disappointed that you couldn't come out and play but I know how those family responsibilities are. No biggie, it's gonna be a fun-filled season and it's just starting.

Pete couldn't get any action...his car isn't exactly a sleeper. But I got plenty. And I represented well.

That's all I'm gonna say about that.

G

·
Glad you guys had fun! I will meet up one of these nights. In the mean time...I am out on rte.37 on any nice day showing the world of streetracers how fast the 03 cobra's are made of.

Harry

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
KevinJKD said:
hammer, what were some of the cars you went up against?
Unfortunately it turned out to be mostly civil wars last night. There were lots of Mustangs and I caught a good many races with push rod street cars that wanted to try their luck against the modular technology. But there were a few ricers who needed to be reminded of their engine displacement and a couple of GMs that were thoroughly humbled as well. Pete's shop partner Mike was in my passenger seat for much of the fun.

Pete caught a race with a turbo Eagle Talon. I will say this: afterward Pete said, "Buddy, is your emergency brake engaged?" Yes, Nitrous Pete can hang with the best of them in the street scene.

My big, formal street race last night was broken up last minute when the keepers of the peace reminded us all that they are the TRUE big dogs. Luckily they were good sports and nobody got in trouble. The 50 some-odd muscle cars lined up and down the road "Philly street racing" style then quietly disbursed. It would have been a good race but I certainly had my hands full on that one. The location of the final event is classified.

;)

All in all it was a classic evening in the Toms River area. Nobody got hurt, everyone had fun, lots of hard-core smack talking and a near riot that broke out into a street race. Lots of young muscle car girls around to remind us all that the sleek curves of our Cobras only go so far in the appeal category.

At the height of the evening...with 50 to 75 fine muscle cars, over a hundred people about (many of whom were fine too), smack talk, race challenges, NMRA big dogs on the scene...Nitrous Pete looked around, took in all of the scenery, looked at me and said, "Hammer I gotta go home. I'm getting too old for this $hit."

And off he went...leaving us with his signature Nitrous Pete departure from the scene.

Ladies and gentlemen...Elvis has left the building.

Next time, remember to bring some business cards, Elvis. There were at least 20 requests for them!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey Hammer, let me know nect time you guys go there again. i got three 03's i can bring from my town to help represent. I'd love to check it out. seems like a lot of fun. :)

Matt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey HAMMER, I was parked across the lot from Pete last night, i was in my brand new 03 GT, but seeing Pete's car and the two next to his(i'm assuming the DS Gray one was yours) was incredible. it also made me kind of jealous b/c i finally got a mustang and there right across the lot were three bad-a** cobras. Maybe i'll see you guys around TR more often or else at the local drag spots.
Peace

2003 Dark Shadow Gray GT

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let's make it next Friday or Saturday night. Kick out some feedback and let me know if anyone's interested and what night is good.

Me and Harry will be the embassadors for the visitors, since TR is our hometown.

:D

G

·
I heard that there was a big shakedown in the street racing scene in this area last week or so. Something about getting cars impounded and all and lots of tickets issued. Not sure if its true. Just be careful gang.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hot Rod Harry said:
I heard that there was a big shakedown in the street racing scene in this area last week or so. Something about getting cars impounded and all and lots of tickets issued. Not sure if its true. Just be careful gang.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
Harry,

Local cops drove through the parkinglot several times. Up and down the jam-packed lanes they drove, just making sure everything was cool. Everything was.

Street racing busts are old news in Toms River. Tickets and impounded cars happen every season for as many years as I can remember.

There's always a risk but there's also a smart way to conduct yourself to minimize the chance of having a problem.

Does your post mean that you won't be coming out with the fellas?

No track...no street racing? What did you buy and mod that car for anyway? COME ON, BRO!!

;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
wow!

it looks like ill have to come a few miles east. it sounds like TR is getting back to the way it used to be a looooong time ago... the last time i was there the police shut everything down, they wouldent even let anyone park.

ill look for you guys in a couple of weeks... ill have the slowest Mustang in the lot :eek:

-Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Hammer i am the reason your having so much fun where,s the pictures i was promised of the shiny KB and the mods i thought we was better than that!! your old buddy Sam Lol

Hang tight, Sam. I got tons of pictures and mods can fit on one line. Initial run yielded a 125 MPH pass....that means that 10s are on the way when I get a tire and tighten up the loose nut behind the wheel.

:shocked

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Come on down Mile . All fords welcome
nitro cobras , GTs, old and new

·
Registered
207 Posts
You 03 guys need to come down to the N. VA and DC area :D There are some BIG boyz down here to race against :D And the Imports are ALL Supras with some nasty azz Turbos :D Plenty of domestics too, especially from the GM camp :D A very quiet black vette has surprised alot of big guns down here...hehehehe

Jeff

1 - 20 of 25 Posts