Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Could someone tell me the best site to buy stripes for. I want to get good quality ones but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for them. I don't want the side stripes, just the lemans, I want it to go the full length of the car plus the wing.

I also want this size, I am guessing 10"

·
Im Not Banned...yet
5,362 Posts
to be completely honest. I had the vinyl stripes and now i have the painted stripes. I wish i would have done the paint from the beginning. My advice is to save for the paint and do it properly

That being said, find a shop that specializes in automotive vinyl and have them cut it to the car and install it for you. My vinyl job cost about 700 for the stripes + install. I don't know where in South NJ you are but i had mine done in Middletown NY and the guy did an excellent job

Ive seen kits from some of the online stores, bobwhite decals and graphics express and they just dont match up to a good vinyl person cutting the stripes for you.. My brother did his camaro from graphics express a few years ago iirc and it was a decent kit.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I've checked a couple of cars that have baltimore street mods sets and they were precisely cut and had hold nicely this last year. So I can honestly recommend their products.

Hope someone else chime in with other opinions.

These kind of posts are weird in this forum that has been more technically inclined but well received as everything.

I personally like the 12" more, I got cut and fixed mine myself with a friend, we did a straight roll of 30cm. wide of 3M material and gave the curve with heat on the car, that is an incredibly hard job.

You can check the results here: http://foto.pipiri.com/carros/index.html (the stripped one)

or in sig's vid.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh yea. 10" wide with a 1" gap is the perfect look IMO
Is that what the car i posted has and what is in your sig? I would love to do painted but I don't have the cash for it right now and to be honest I want to put it on and see how I like it and if I really like it then when I get money I will have it painted.

·
Im Not Banned...yet
5,362 Posts
Is that what the car i posted has and what is in your sig? I would love to do painted but I don't have the cash for it right now and to be honest I want to put it on and see how I like it and if I really like it then when I get money I will have it painted.
yes my car is 10 3/4" wide and 1" gap iirc.

·
EVIL ONE!
931 Posts
to be completely honest. I had the vinyl stripes and now i have the painted stripes. I wish i would have done the paint from the beginning. My advice is to save for the paint and do it properly

That being said, find a shop that specializes in automotive vinyl and have them cut it to the car and install it for you. My vinyl job cost about 700 for the stripes + install. I don't know where in South NJ you are but i had mine done in Middletown NY and the guy did an excellent job

Ive seen kits from some of the online stores, bobwhite decals and graphics express and they just dont match up to a good vinyl person cutting the stripes for you.. My brother did his camaro from graphics express a few years ago iirc and it was a decent kit.
How much did it cost to paint the strips on? For 700 I could probably get a sent painted on I think.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
How much did it cost to paint the strips on? For 700 I could probably get a sent painted on I think.
Hey Matt,
It will probably cost close to $1,500 - $2,000 to do full painted stripes including rockers since they need to re clear virtually the whole car.

·
EVIL ONE!
931 Posts
Hey Matt,
It will probably cost close to $1,500 - $2,000 to do full painted stripes including rockers since they need to re clear virtually the whole car.
Good point Peter, I didn't think about having to reclear the whole car.

·
Im Not Banned...yet
5,362 Posts
why rockers? you dont have to paint them for lemans stripes. Most places will be around 1000 iirc. I got lucky and didnt pay for them because I had an accident at the time and the body shop did it for me considering they had to repaint everything anyway.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Go to Baltimore Street Mods! They have a shop and they will install them while you wait. They did a good job on my car and I definately recomend them. They have several options to choose from. I would not recommend doing it your self...let the pro's do it.
I wish I would have gone with painted too because it looks better up close with the clear coat and the lack of a seem. It's nice to have vinyl installed in case you don't like them cuz you can always take it off. I have had mine on for over 2 years and they look fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts