Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked at Kenny Brown, Maximum Motorsports and Amazon Racing. Does anyone have front and rear strut bars for the '03. I'd like to stiffen the chassis but haven't decided how far to take it. Need to keep it reasonable with one in college, two in high school and the high, high cost of The Golden Fleece State (California)

·
Registered
218 Posts
The lack of a test mule is preventing MM from designing front and rear strut braces for the '03. Any of you guys up in the San Luis Obispo, CA area care to give MM a call? I'll wait for MM...Even if that means waiting until the last quarter of the year.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Kenny Brown has a front strut brace for the '03 Cobra- KBP-29501 is the part number. They also have some other parts that might be of interest to you. I used their front strut brace but have been staying with MM on the balance of suspension changes to date.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i would say just do sub frame connectors... I bought a strut tower brace for my gt and ended up taking it off cause all it did was make the engine harder to work on....not saying they dont work just think this time around i would just do subs and be done

·
Registered
237 Posts
Check out GriggsRacing.com
I thought I remembered them having a bunch of stuff for the '03 Cobra.
JW

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
ox03 said:
The lack of a test mule is preventing MM from designing front and rear strut braces for the '03. Any of you guys up in the San Luis Obispo, CA area care to give MM a call? I'll wait for MM...Even if that means waiting until the last quarter of the year.
I will wait on MM also they are the best.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called MM to inquire about any strut bars. They need to find the time to take measurements and fit up a new bar. I offered to drive my 03 down for the weekend and let them use it for fittment, however they declined. They said there a several in the area and when they have the time they will put something together. Looks like it might be awhile unless we all start bugging them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi guys,
My last (A/S) car had lots of Griggs and MM stuff. I definatley have to give the nod to MM and will wait for them to develop an 03 line before I purchase any suspension parts from anyone else. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
124 Posts
John H said:
Looks like it might be awhile unless we all start bugging them.
I have been bugging them on a almost daily basis. ;) They will release a 2001 Cobra front strut brace in April of this year. Who knows how long it will take for a '03 brace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts