Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question, hopefully this has been experienced by others. When I shift, aggressively (not powershifting), the car hesitates before responding to the gas again.

Anyone have any ideas. The only mods are full exhaust, (long tubes) and a K&N filter.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
246 Posts
Not sure if this is your problem but my car did this also after each shift when getting on it and we found out my clutch plate and flywheel were toast,since putting in new clutch my car shifts fine now.

·
Banned
572 Posts
how much gas did you have?
i have seen this twice and i was way on gas less than1/4 tank .
my guess is from the gas rushing back
but i could be wrong

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did have less than a 1/4 tank when I first noticed it, and I hope that after 700 miles the clutch is not toast already!

Guess you never now. It does not do it every time, but most. I filled the tank and it still did it. Not sure what to think. I was hoping someone could answer this.

I appreciate the responses.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the traction control figured out before I even drove it off the lot, lol. That is not the issue either!

???Just don't know, I'll play with it more this week. I am getting my chip in this week, so hopefully this won't make it worse.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know exactly what you're talking about. But with my car, it only happens when the engine is not fully warmed up yet (hot). I don't know what the problem is, however. Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I never let my car go below 1/4 tank for a coupla reasons. First and foremost, you are far more likely to "pull air" in a corner - this will net cause a hiccup, but can result in the fuel pump temp spiking, since the fuel acts to cool it, and a momentary interrupt can, over time, shorten its life. You are also more likely to pull any water, dirt, etc that is in the tank when it drops below 1/4 and starts sloshing around. I doubt this was the cause of your problem in this thread, my answer is more a heads up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again for all of the responses, thanks for the tip on the fuel level also.

I believe it may have to do with not being 100% warmed up, but not positive. The couple of times that I have checked it since, it has been a little low, (almost to the place the gauge usually reads). I have tried it all the way to temp, and have not duplicated it yet.

I don't run the car hard cold, but I don't always wait for it to completely reach temperature either.

I'll keep trying to find the common denominator, sounds like it may be the temp though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eric,

Thanks! You have created an excellent site, and I am glad to have access to it.

I did sell the 98 :( ! Actually, I am verry happy!!!

I got tired of Working when I was at the track, and I was tired of spending so much money on it. I loved having it, and I actually got it in the mags, but it was very stressful. The racing scene is far too political, and too full of drama! (Sh** talking!)

I couldn't get out of the stangs though, I love this 03. Already have the full exhaust, full griggs, w/ Maximum Motorsports coil overs. Life is good!!!

Look forward to auto x, road racing and of course drag racing!
More importantly, I can drive on the street again!

Thanks again for a wonderful site!

Tim

·
Registered
438 Posts
F8L SNK said:
Eric,

Thanks! You have created an excellent site, and I am glad to have access to it.

I did sell the 98 :( ! Actually, I am verry happy!!!

I got tired of Working when I was at the track, and I was tired of spending so much money on it. I loved having it, and I actually got it in the mags, but it was very stressful. The racing scene is far too political, and too full of drama! (Sh** talking!)

I couldn't get out of the stangs though, I love this 03. Already have the full exhaust, full griggs, w/ Maximum Motorsports coil overs. Life is good!!!

Look forward to auto x, road racing and of course drag racing!
More importantly, I can drive on the street again!

Thanks again for a wonderful site!

Tim
Welcome Mr. Palmer..........now that is what I am talking about. I sold my 98 also and can agree with everything you said. Did all I wanted to do and now I can go back to driving....:D

Ben Dorn

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ben,

Nice to hear from you. Funny to see how things turn out sometimes! I hope you have as much fun as I am having!

Tim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts