Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of summit star wheels. They are 15x8". They are 5x4.5" bolt pattern (ford) and 5.5" backspacing. I bought them 2 weeks ago. Bolted them on my car to see if they would clear my cobra brakes. I didnt have the proper floor jack to get under my car and just jacked it up quick. Since I couldnt crawl under my car to see if they cleared, I felt with my hand and they seemed to. I got in the car, started it and spun the wheels around while in the air quick and I heard rubbing. I got out and took them off and see where they rubbed. It was ALL but clear of the brakes bur rubbed a hair on my brake line bolt. It made a small mark on the inside of the wheels where the metal rubbed. I took a file and filed it down so there are no egdes. I would rather not run spacers without getting longer studs. I cant send the wheels back cuase the marks. If I dont sell them I will just keep them as they are ok other then the marks. Once again, I got these new 2 weeks ago from Summit. Cost around $260 shipped to me. Price is $200.00 for the pair plus shipping via fed-ex. Below are the pics:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solllldddddddddddd

1 - 2 of 2 Posts