Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This new system has been alluded to in a few threads. I thought that it should have it's own here at Modular fords.

It appears that after having to constantly go to a "Tuner" to get our chips adjusted, we will soon have more than one choice of how to do things ourselves!

The Diablo/Autologic stuff looks good. This JMS/Superchip looks good to. I've been doing my reading trying to nail down in my own head what one can do vs the other.

http://www.superchipscustom.com/

An active thread bout it is here:

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?threadid=311&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

JT

·
Registered
69 Posts
if you want to know about the s.c software call ford chip they are the ones that designed it for superchips, that is the word on the grapevine and they call themselves the originator. hmm

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
I think at this point all of the software is going to be pretty comparable in regards to the final result. Ease of use, predefined parameters such as stuff like premapped MAF data etc for various units may make the tuning process easier with one over another but in the end, how good a tune will be I think will now be more a matter of tuner than the product they use to create the tunes.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems like the tuning market has moved to a new level.

When first getting my car tuned, it became pretty clear that the tuning software was not that sophisticated, and that while the end results were ok, the method to get there was pretty much hit or miss.

However things were being accomplished, it seemed that sometimes there were unintended results, from minor things like adding fuel at 3500 rpm, somehow changed the a/f at other rpms, to somewhat major things like, my a/f is 11.5:1 today... 14:1 tomorrow.

From the sound of things, these things will no longer happen.

I think I am going to explore getting a wideband. Hopefully I will able to suppress my desire to install my own dyno...:)

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
JT said:
I think I am going to explore getting a wideband. Hopefully I will able to suppress my desire to install my own dyno...:)
DiabloSport will be offering a wideband shortly in the future, but in the meantime might I suggest checking out www.fjoracing.com for the FJO wideband. I have the datalogging version that spits the info. out to my laptop. The graphing capabilities of it is phenomenal. It looks very similar to a dyno printout, and will even playback the entire run for you.

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
JT said:
It seems like the tuning market has moved to a new level.

When first getting my car tuned, it became pretty clear that the tuning software was not that sophisticated, and that while the end results were ok, the method to get there was pretty much hit or miss.

However things were being accomplished, it seemed that sometimes there were unintended results, from minor things like adding fuel at 3500 rpm, somehow changed the a/f at other rpms, to somewhat major things like, my a/f is 11.5:1 today... 14:1 tomorrow.

From the sound of things, these things will no longer happen.

I'm interested myself in getting a Wideband, whats the best one?

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
I'm interested myself in getting a Wideband, whats the best one?
www.fjoracing.com for the FJO wideband.

I have the datalogging version that spits the info. out to my laptop. The graphing capabilities of it is phenomenal. It looks very similar to a dyno printout, and will even playback the entire run for you.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
JT, Eric, and others !!! Check this out...

Before you guys go out and start spending a lot of money on pricey WB like the FJO, you need to take a look at this WB Meter:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/

I just got this nice WB a few days back and for less than $400 is hard to beat, plus it datalogs 45 minutes of data without the need for a laptop...

Two thumbs up for the LM-1

I just wanted to show you guys another inexpensive alternative out there that is certainly worth the money...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts