Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
that is commendable. Really a great thing I hope it turns out to be HUGE and gets plenty of media coverage.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx, I getting a local oldies station to come with their Boss 302 Mustang. Working on TV, radio, and newpaper coverage. Have the Pa National Guard attending. Trying to get a permit to close the street which would give me room for 100 more cars. Have room for about 200 cars but if the weather is good I think we ming have 300-400 cars. Have about 12 car clubs coming. RAY

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have gotten permission to close the west bound side of Tyson Ave. This will give me about 40-50 more parking spots. We have the help of the Phila. Police Dept. to direct everyone. I am still working on media coverage. This will be a huge event!!! RAY

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just thought I'd share

This is what Marines are about - Semper Fi

CNN live interview with Martin Savidge on Sunday, 30 March 2003: Martin Savidge of CNN, embedded with the 1st Marine battalion, 1st Marine Division, was talking with 4 young Marines near his foxhole this morning live on CNN. He had been telling the story of how well the Marines had been looking out for and taking care of him since the war started. He went on to tell about the many hardships the Marines had endured since the war began and how they all look after one another. He turned to the four and said he had cleared it with their commanders and they could use his video phone to call home. None of these Marines had been able to talk with their families for many weeks. The 19 year old Marine next to him asked Martin if he would allow his platoon sergeant to use his call to call his pregnant wife back home whom he had not been able to talk to in over a month. A stunned Savidge, who was visibly moved by the request, nodded his head - yes. The young Marine ran off to get the sergeant. Savidge recovered after a few seconds and turned back to the three young Marines still sitting with him. He asked which one of them would like to call home first? The Marine closest to him responded without a moments hesitation, "Sir, if is all the same to you we would like to call the parents of a buddy of ours. Lance Cpl Brian Buesing of Cedar Key, Florida, who was killed on the 23rd of March near Nasiriya. We would like to see how his folks are doing and let them know their son died bravely." At that Martin Savidge totally broke down and was unable to speak.

All he could get out before signing off was, "Where do they get young men like this?"

·
Registered
204 Posts
that story right there shows you the dedication our troops have for one another. I would love to say that is why they deserve our respect. Screw those anti-war assholes. Our troops are doing the right thing and I admire them greatly. Class act all the way

·
Registered
234 Posts
Awesome

Great story!!

This is what makes or breaks a person. I am really proud of my guys, esepcially the ones that are 18-19 with familes being thier first time away from home. This is my 3rd deployment in 5 years on the ship, but first one leaving a family behind.

If you dont know we have been away since August 26th. We have been in the Persian Gulf for 6 months now, we also did peace keeping mission in Kosovo, and supported Operation Enduring Freedom on the Horn of Africa in Dijubuti. We were supposed to return home Feb 26th. They have extended our deployment 3 times, all within days of starting our transit home. This time they said they dont know when we will be back. It may be August which puts us at a year long deployment. Many have children they havent even seen yet. But yet they still work thier asses off 18 hours a day, and keep a smile on their face. Steaming a boiler in the 100 deg heat can wear you down. But how many of you can say you put out 70,000 HP?? :D

We have now been at sea for 70 days straight, and have only been inport 15 out of our 225 days out. Needless to say, all we want is a beer. :D

Its all worth it, seeing the children, women and men dancing in the streets, yesterday was a big day for us, and our Marines that our out in the field.

I watch my MMSO DVD from last year all the time, makes me wanna get home and race!!

Thanks for all your support back home. And I hope to see you guys at the MMSO in July. And thanks to all that have answerd my questions. I am still building my car, hopefully be done this month.

from the USS Nassau in the Persian Gulf
http://www.nassau.navy.mil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts