Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, do town car, crown vic and marauders have the same general suspension? I ask because i have a 2005 town car that im looking at lowering and making a bit more nimble. Im sure someone on here is an expert.

Help me oh gods of the big bodies!

I'm also going to Procharge it.....but that's for another thread.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm pretty sure all the suspension stuff will interchange. In fact, ford redesigned the whole front suspension in all the panther car platforms in 2003 to make way for the 4V engine even though the marauders were the only ones to get it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Im pretty sure you have a form of air ride. Which they make kits to convert to shock and spring design. Which may be what the Vics and such run. I would need see yours tocompair to my Vics suspension. The fronts im pretty sure are the same.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes all Panthers share the same suspension components.

Start with Solid Addco swaybars Front&Rear,ES bushins, Moog End links, a set of upper/lower rear control arms, and a watts link kit.

Then go from there....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes all Pantehers share the same suspension components.

Start with Solid Addco swaybars Front&Rear,ES bushins, Moog End links, a set of upper/lower rear control arms, and a watts link kit.

Then go from there....
That's what I did to my Marauder. And boy what a difference. Feels like it's on rails compared to the stock set up!!

---
-
Eaton Swap = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Although my car is not a '03+, I will say that the big bars/ENS bushings will make a night/day difference in the way the car handles. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
All the suspensions are the same from 99 and up.

I dont know if you can weld/fabricate but you can save a boatload of cash if you take 2 sets of rear C/A's and weld them together. My opinion is the stock rear bushins are the best fit for a heavy car. Urethane/Delrin bushins are too stiff and in the past have been known to split. Here is a boxed in set I welded up
Hand tool Tool Wood Ratchet Kitchen utensil

The one area of the suspension no one ever addresses is the rear bushin. This is an easy mod to do and well worth the effort. The stock rear bushin strap is useless.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Yellow Tire Vehicle

Here is the modified mount
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.