Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my chrome wheels last week, and Victory Ford called yesterday to tell me they're in! I can't believe it only took less than a week to get them in! The letter I received stated that it might take up to several months. All I know is that they're going to look sweet, and that is for sure. :D

Chet

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Congrats! I actually got my car with them on but mine was a second run car. I havent had a lot of chrome wheels in the past to use for comparison, but mine have a very nice finish, I was pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just got bought my Chrome Rims also, i got a good deal on them from ebay. The guy bought them for his Mustang, but found out they would not fit. So I got them for $700 and around $90 to be shipped. So not a bad deal at all. I'll post pics when I get them put on. He is shipping them out Monday.
Matt

·
Registered
132 Posts
MineralGray03 said:
I ordered my chrome wheels last week, and Victory Ford called yesterday to tell me they're in! I can't believe it only took less than a week to get them in! The letter I received stated that it might take up to several months. All I know is that they're going to look sweet, and that is for sure. :D

Chet
congrats on the wheels you will love them.it took mine 2 weeks to come in when i ordered them:p :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone interested in the stock ones? The going price on them is $400 plus shipping. Let me know before I put them on ebay. And thanks everyone for the comments. I can't wait to see them on her.

·
Registered
123 Posts
For those of you who were able to get the chrome wheel option, the silver paint on the inside of the wheel is very thinly applied.

I had stains in my paint and could not get them out. But there is an added bonus to being persistant. Upon rubbing the paint inside the wheel, I began to remove the paint. Guess what's under the paint :confused: CHROME BABY! So now the car is up and all 4 wheels are off for cleaning, paint removal and polish. :)

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
RosSVT said:
For those of you who were able to get the chrome wheel option, the silver paint on the inside of the wheel is very thinly applied.

I had stains in my paint and could not get them out. But there is an added bonus to being persistant. Upon rubbing the paint inside the wheel, I began to remove the paint. Guess what's under the paint :confused: CHROME BABY! So now the car is up and all 4 wheels are off for cleaning, paint removal and polish. :)
That seems odd to me,,:shocked Why did they paint over Chrome??
:jawdrop

·
Registered
123 Posts
Don't know why, but there is chrome under that silver paint. The only thing I can see is regular maintenance. I had thought I had ruined the wheels and needed to repaint. :( The avg. person is not going to take the time to clean/polish the inside of the rim.

And if they are daily drivers, there is less of a chance for complaints regarding chrome rust issues under warranty.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Several have removed the paint on the inside, I think it looks a lot better. As to why, I was told that they painted the inside to avoid problems with the brake dust damaging the chrome. Does mean you have to keep them clean but they are easy to get to when you wash the outside of the wheel.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Here are a couple of pics [my wheels need polishing].

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
whitesnake03 said:

Chet
Gene Evans Ford has 40 Chrome OEM 03 Cobra wheels in stock.
I paid $289 SHIPPED for one (including 2nd day air charges)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts