Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
It will only fit on a supercharger intake, you CAN NOT just pull the intake of a N/A 4.6 mustang and put that super charger on it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Only Tork Tech for now....and I really don't see anyone else doing an intake for this set up. You not only have to purchase a new intake but their intercooler that will fit their intake, their pulley bridge, etc. You would be looking at another 2K just for that stuff and wait forever to get it after you ordered it. Now you need to find all the other hard to find parts to go with it. It will nickel and dime you to death and searching will be a huge pain. Its cool to see these on a two valve but they are an insufficient s/c. Much better and much neater / professional looking installations out there that are complete and less of a hassle to / a lot easier to install. Not to mention you need to drill out the mounting holes on the Eaton (or any positive displacement supercharger to fit a 03/04 Cobra) to get it to fit their intake. In the end you will probably be spending upwards of another 2K for all the other "stock" parts. Good luck in your project.

·
Registered
289 Posts
danny -
Yes, go look at Tork Tech's website. They make the parts to do this. You can decide if you want to do it. I've seriously investigated this vs. Kenne Bell vs. Vortech. The initial cost of the Tork Tech idea seems good, but as Razor mentioned, the other costs add up quick. Also, with Tork Tech's kit, it DOES NOT clear the stock hood, so you have to get a new hood as well.

Finding a good used Kenne Bell is probably the best option. It's more efficient and clears the stock hood.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Because it's only the supercharger and intercooler. You need a custom lower intake manifold and accessory drive bridge to make it work on a 2V (the Cobra motor is a 4V), not to mention various cables and things, plus larger injectors and mass airflow sensor.

The Tork Tech kit is $2000, which is the custom intake manifold and accessory drive bridge. All the other nickel and dime parts are $700-$1000. Then you have to get it tuned, so figure $500 or so for that.

To hit the ground running, you'll have about $3500 in it minimum. The $500 for the Cobra supercharger itself is only a small portion of the total.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you really want to go this route and have your heart set on it, I may be able to help you out. I have a Tork Tech kit that is pretty much complete with much better upgraded parts than the stock Cobras. Not going to use it...thinking of going twins.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you really want to go this route and have your heart set on it, I may be able to help you out. I have a T/T kit that is pretty much complete with much better upgraded parts than the stock Cobras. Not going to use it...thinking of going twins.
right now im just gathering information. i dont really have too much money for anything right now. first i want to get my x pipe and flowmasters out of the way. how much were you looking for kit anyways.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
That's brand new. Gotta pay to play. You can find them used in the classified all the time for around $3k. Just as good as buying new IMO as long as everything is there and in good shape. That's not far off from how much it would take to get that 03/04 blower onto there

·
Registered
289 Posts
No. The Kenne Bell non-intercooled kit is $3,900. The 9 psi intercooled kit is $5,000. Both include EVERYTHING. Complete turn key. You can upgrade to the intercooled kit later, if you buy the non-IC kit to get started.

And I agree. Wait and find a used one if you can.

·
Registered
534 Posts
right now im just gathering information. i dont really have too much money for anything right now. first i want to get my x pipe and flowmasters out of the way. how much were you looking for kit anyways.
Yes information gathering is a must and a first. For the Tork Teck kit and everything I have for it 4,800 plus shipping.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts