Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST BOUGHT A SLIGHTLY USED 03, AND I SEEM TO BE HAVING A PROBLEM SHIFTING FROM 4TH TO 5TH. UNDER MILD ACCELERATION-THE SHIFTER WANTS TO GO INTO REVERSE NOT 5TH. AT SLOW STREET SPEED SHIFTING THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM. BUT IF I'M IN 4TH, AND GO BACK TO 3RD GO BACK INTO 4TH I CAN FIND 5TH WITH NO TROUBLE. SHOULD I GO TO MR. FORD DEALER OR CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHATS GOING ON. THANX...

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is an electronic reverse lockout.

How do you know it's going to reverse from 4th?? I'd imagine you would have had your tranny explode if that had actually happened.

You can't do this in a car sitting still. It will go to reverse because you are sitting still.

If you were moving and shifted from 4th to reverse I have to think you'd know it.... ie BOOM!

Either way... if it IS actually doing that the dealer should be able to fix the electronic reverse lockout.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i don t know if the cobra's t-56 has a lockout but if it does then it s prob. broken, i would get it looked at especially if it s still under warrenty, who ever said you can t shift from 4 th to reverse actually the tranny will grind a little before you get into reverse. that is one way to know you are mising 5th, I swapped a t-56 into my s-10 and in doing so there is no lockout for reverse so if i miss 5 th by too much i will be hitting reverse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts