Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking for any available boost numbers vs pully sizes that you guys know about. for instance what boost numbers should be seen with a 3.20, 3.00 or 2.90 pully. this in on a regular 4v. I know ported heads and modified intake will lower these numbers. please post rough guestimates or personal experiences. thank you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
lets see if i can't jog everyones help here. right now i am running a 3.2 pulley with a hci intake, ported heads, powerpipe, and aftercooler and i am only seeing like 9 maybe 10 lbs of boost.

i would like to see 15-16 lbs what size pulley should i up to. or downsize as the case me be.

·
Registered
589 Posts
On your setup, the next step down is a 3.125" pulley, then the 2.90 I believe. You should figure on seeing an additional 2-3psi of boost with the 2.90 pulley swap.

Cya,
Brad

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought reichard pullies were available in whole numbers such as 2.90, 3.0, 3.1 and so on and so forth. using your logic i need to go below 2.9 what choices do i have?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I went with a Reichard 2.90 so "my logic" is the only logic I know on this subject. I had the Vortech 3.33, then the 3.125, then the Reichard 2.90 (which is on order) Just trying to help.

Good luck,

Brad

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you are being a big help. I was originally going to go with a 2.9 but I think i will now go a bit lower if there is a option. thank you for you replies.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah, that's probably a good idea David. I'll probably have to end up going lower also (284, ported heads), but I'll wait and do the T-Trim or S-Trim upgrade and 8-rib at the same time. The only real difference in my situation is I'll be turning 7500rpm so I'll be making a little bit more boost with the 2.90 at redline. The little E-Trim will probably be running out of steam at that point.

Keep us posted on the results! Take care,

Brad

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i will keep you posted. first i have to change the exhaust. which requires a different rear end suspension set up. then i will redyno. and look at pulley options then.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no i have a silly kb track kit plus on there. and you can't run exhaust out the back with it. and the side exhaust is killing me right now. that and i refuse to run dumps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Attn. david99fobra

Iam running Vortech S trim. 3.125 pulley , 8 rib pulley set , aftclr, Anderson pwr. pipe and pulling 16 lbs. boost in 1st and 2nd and holding 15 lbs thru 3rd and 4th.

What kind of HP increase did you see with HCI intake??That is one of my next mods beside Hal adjustable shock and 6 pt. cage.:cool:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have no idea how much increase you will see with the intake. i had the motor built with it from the start. I can tell you this in NA form it never stopped pulling all the way to 7500rpms. right now i need to fix my exhaust problem. thats a lot of boost with so small a pulley at least compared to what i am seeing. the only problem with the hci intake or that i have run into is the throttle bracket attached to the tb is all a custome job. had to fab up everything they didn't provide anything to make it work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts