Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a raptor shift light and i was wondering if anyone knows what pin # the tach wire is off the ECU.I'm going to just splice it like i did for the ic pump mod and the high speed fan mod.

Thanx Jay

·
Registered
309 Posts
You have 8 choices. Any of the wires from each coil will work. I used Coil 1, which on the PCM is pin 26. The wire color is Light Green with a White tracer. LG/WH The other pins are as follows:

Pin 1, 27, 52, 53, 78, 79, 104.

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanxs alot man,you always come through with the tech we need.Thank God for people like you!Thanx again Jay

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used # 26 like you said and the shift light blinks with the rpm of the car.....I don't understand why it blinks at every rpm it's only supposed to come on at 6,2k....I have the dials set right i don't get it!

·
Bluesmobile
2,121 Posts
You may have miscounted when selecting the pins, considering the layout, that could easily happen.

Where did you hook up the ground and +12 volt leads to?

http://www.raptorperformance.com/ford_mustang.htm

Rick at Raptor is a good guy and will help you out if you have a problem.

There is also a step by step install that has pics of the PCM connection if you need it. You may want to check just to verify you have selected the correct wire in the harness.

Recheck the switches on the light also. The desired settings can be confusing.

Dana

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the right pin if i didn't the light wouldn't blink with rpm's...also in the instructions it says for a 8 cylinder select switch 1 to ON and the others off wich i did...I have power coming from a fuse in the fuse panel under the dash all i know is it's a switched power and i grounded it to one of the bolts that holds the fuse panel in place,,

Where do you draw your power from?and where is it grounded to?Also how are your switches setmine reads as follows 1 ON 2 off 3 off or in the down position.I don't know what the prob is but definately shoot me more info if you can.Thanx Jay

·
Registered
4 Posts
The cylinder switches should be set in the "coil per plug" configuration (all slide switches down).

Hope this helps.

Rick

·
Bluesmobile
2,121 Posts
Blwn03,
That should have solved your problem.
Setting it to "coil on plug", which is what we have in the '03's, and not "8 cylinder".

The power and ground locations sound fine.
Mine are depicted in the Power Point Install, but again, yours sound ok.

Told you Rick was one of the "Good Guys".

Hi ya, Rick!!

Dan

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are awesome the switch was my problem,it works perfect now thanx Rick for the awesome product..I will recommend your light to everyone i know..that doesn't want a big ass dookie tach it their face...LOL..Thanx again Jay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts