Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2.8, and Rick has a chip on the way for me for it, but I have a problem. My local fueling center only has 90 instead of 91. I spoke with Rick briefly about it, and he doesnt really recommend the 2.8 with 90 (not at all really) but Torco did come up and it got left at that. (all of which were PM's, phone messages and such) So, would torco be something I should consider (1 bottle per tank?) where can I buy it, how much is it? I'm assuming I'd have to buy a whole bunch at a time since i drive the cobra every day....Should I just drop the 2.8 and go with a 3.10.....let me know what you think.

G

·
If I were you and had to drive the car everyday...go with a 2.93 to 3.10 upper then. Or better yet...get a flip chip and have a program in there for your 3.1 and your 2.8 when you feel like going out and having some real fun with good gas in her. Just remember to have 2 separate belts for when you swap pullies.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
well.....I've already got the single chip...maybe Rick and I can work something out? I do have a 3.1 pulley, and it is for the DUB system, so maybe I'll just pick up a 2.8 ring, and go from there? Being that I see you have a lot more goodies than I, I'm going to venture a guess that the Torco is not a good idea....?

even with the 2.8, I would be very limited in when I got to use it right? Like in the event that I had torco or found a place with some race gas? If you wouldn't do it (the 2.8 and lots of torco) because of the hassle, that'd be ok in my book, the cobra's very shortly not to be the daily car.

G

·
I run 112 octane leaded mixed with 94 Sunoco Ultra...almost a 50/50 split. I did this with my 2.80 upper and of course now with my 2.80 upper and 6 lb lower. But it is not an everyday car. I just drive her when I can..and that isnt much . But its fun when I get to drive her.

The Torco is good and works great. And yes...with that mixed with your local gas, you should be fine with the 2.80 upper and Ricks tune. Its up to you since you are using the car everyday right now. If your baby does turn out not to be an everyday car...then I would definitely go with your original plan. The 2.80 and Torco. You will love it.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
Hood Vent Mod(Me)
Front Swaybar removed(back on now for street use)(Me)
9 inch Powerstack(SFP)
CAI cover(Amazon Racing)
2.80 Upper Pulley(JDM)
6 lb Lower Pulley(JDM)(custom lower pulley cage)
20 lbs of Boost till 5700rpms(17 till 6400 rpms)
Gates Belt (774)
DIABLOSPORT Chip (Nitrous Pete)
NGK TR6 plugs(Nitrous Pete)
BilletFlow Upper Pulley Wrap Idler(Nitrous Pete)
BilletFlow 100mm and 92mm Billet Idler Pullies
Bassani Exhaust(no cats)
Nitto Drags 315-35-17(Downs Ford)
AutoMeter Boost Gauge(Downs Ford)
Dump Valve Mod(Nitrous Pete)
BilletFlow Throttlebody/Plenum(Nitrous Pete)
Headers Custom Mid-Length(Nitrous Pete)
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter(Nitrous Pete)
Steeda Adj. Clutch Quad/Firewall(Nitrous Pete)
Compucar Nitrous System(Nitrous Pete)
10's here I come!!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
torco accelerator

I think what you are referring too is Torco Accelerator. It is NOT an octane booster, it is a fuel additive. I used 1 can in exactly 10 gallons of of 93 octane. I tuned for this and and never had any issues with pretty healthy boost levels.

From the can: Mixing Instructions

Treatment Ratio with 32 ozs. of Accelerator

97 min. octane race fuel treat 20 gallons of 93 octane

104 min. octane race fuel treat 10 gallons of 93 octane (this is the formula that I used)

107 min. octane race fuel treat 5 gallons of 93 octane.

As far as I remember, if u buy it by the case it is about 12 bux a can. You can get this from Spence Hart and Rhodes Custom Auto.

Hope this helps,
Ben Dorn

·
Registered
521 Posts
Harry, did you get re-tuned after you installed the 6lb lower?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: torco accelerator

MODCOBRA said:
I think what you are referring too is Torco Accelerator. It is NOT an octane booster, it is a fuel additive. I used 1 can in exactly 10 gallons of of 93 octane. I tuned for this and and never had any issues with pretty healthy boost levels.

From the can: Mixing Instructions

Treatment Ratio with 32 ozs. of Accelerator

97 min. octane race fuel treat 20 gallons of 93 octane

104 min. octane race fuel treat 10 gallons of 93 octane (this is the formula that I used)

107 min. octane race fuel treat 5 gallons of 93 octane.

As far as I remember, if u buy it by the case it is about 12 bux a can. You can get this from Spence Hart and Rhodes Custom Auto.

Hope this helps,
Ben Dorn
are you saying that I need to mix 104 and 93? or add Torco to 93 to =104? Sorry if i sound a little slow.....

·
Registered
438 Posts
Re: Re: torco accelerator

Charlez03 said:
are you saying that I need to mix 104 and 93? or add Torco to 93 to =104? Sorry if i sound a little slow.....
Add the can to the 93 to get 104, etc. This is also and unleaded additive, btw.

I think what Harry is doing, and I am guessing here, he has access to Torco Racing Fuel, either locally or has bought a drum of Torco 112. With a 50/50 mix, by Harry's forumula, 1/2 tank of 94 and 1/2 tank of leaded 112 is: 94 + 112 = 206 divided by 2 = 103 octane.

With the Accelerator you dont need to mix the gas, you just add a can of concentrate by the formula described above.

The instructions I showed above came right off the can. I still have 10 cans of it, hehe.

Ben Dorn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts