Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my heads in today from MP, thanks John. This is for a 98 but I'm using Mach heads so I thought I would post in here. Still waiting on a few parts but I thought I'd get the heads on so I can mock up how the IMRC motor will be attached. Some info on the build; 98 Teksid block, Diamond flat tops with valve reliefs, Manley H Beams, all ARP hardware(of course), decked 03 Mach heads for 11.1, over sized valves, MP valve job, and a FR500 T46 Manifold. Going to be using 98 sticks degreed 108int and 114exh.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I have a problem with mounting the IMRC controller under the intake. First the mounting tabs are too far back but thats an easy fix, I'll just make a longer bracket to locate the motor in the right place. The other problem is the coolant tube, it hits the motor. I have two tubes so one suggestion is to cut it up and run a hose with camps, another is to pull the fitting from the block and tap the hole and run AN fittings and hoses. I'm ok with either of these just looking for pros and cons or other suggestions.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Ideas? No problem, I think I am going to cut up one of the pipes and install a couple of 90s to keep an oem look. I have another issue with the P/S pump reservoir, because I have displaced it with my Vacuum Pump I need a place to put it. I'm thinking of a bracket in a spot close to stock but I don't have a god idea yet of what I would like to do. Does anyone has pics of a relocated reservoir? Here a pic of the V/P so you can get an Idea of what I'm working with.
Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a problem with mounting the IMRC controller under the intake. First the mounting tabs are too far back but thats an easy fix, I'll just make a longer bracket to locate the motor in the right place. The other problem is the coolant tube, it hits the motor. I have two tubes so one suggestion is to cut it up and run a hose with camps, another is to pull the fitting from the block and tap the hole and run AN fittings and hoses. I'm ok with either of these just looking for pros and cons or other suggestions.
Well this turned out better and easier than I thought. The T46 Kit comes with a new pipe they look identical when apart and I never laid them next to each other. Low and behold lay them next to each other and the difference becomes apparent.

So I made a simple bracket to bolt to the existing bracket and hide the IMRC controller.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shes Back together, I'm done for the night she'll be in tomorrow. Going to Dyno early next week, I'm only waiting on the rest of the setup for the V/P.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well She runs, I'll post up some video after I get the coils in.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:thumb2:WOW:thumb2: I just couldn't wait any longer so I took her out for a quick:devil:spin up the road. It pulls hard from the moment you mash it until you let off, I would compare it to when I had the Vortech on the stock longblock. The rest of my V/P parts will not be here any earlier than Wednesday of next week, hopefully I can get her on the dyno shortly there after. I am eagerly awaiting the trip to the dyno as I think she will lay down some impressive numbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I got the rest of my V/P parts. :dancing: I'm only missing a bulkhead fitting that will be here tomorrow as the one that was sent will not work. Here is some pics to get you through until tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well she is all done, finally. Dyno tomorrow at 9am.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, i'll be sure and post results.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bad news first. She didn't make anywhere near the power that anyone was expecting and my tensioner decided to take a crap again. Good news is I am very happy with how she drives and how she feels. As far as seat of the pants goes, the dyno disagrees. I had my brother drive the car to see what he thinks and although he's probably biased he has driven some fast rides and I trust his opinion. He feels pretty much the same way I do and that is the numbers don't add up.

The dyno operator stated that a lot of guys say it is reading 20-30hp low but who doesn't think their car is making more power. I should have not even tried to tune after the first pull but I got the A/F at 12.9-13:1 nice and flat then I started adding timing and when we were only gaining 3 and 4hp I said enough.

Now I am no tuner at all and maybe someone with experience might see something I am missing. I am going to forward my logs to a couple of people along with my tune file and see what they think.

There might be something holding her back from making peak numbers but I think it still should be at 350-360rwhp range right now. For the guys that wanted to see a V/P less run I didn't feel like wasting the time, once I get it sorted(whenever that is) I will do one.

Once I get a couple more things sorted and have someone look at the tune she'll go to the track, MPH doesn't lie. So my final numbers for the day were 309rwhp and 292rwtq. Please feel free to wonder why.

·
1,834 Posts
What type of dyno? How much timing?

You may want to do a compression check, one cylinder each side will tell you if your cam timing is the same on each bank.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What type of dyno? How much timing?

You may want to do a compression check, one cylinder each side will tell you if your cam timing is the same on each bank.
Dynojet. As far as timing my xcal2 decided to be a pain and not let me change my pids so I was unable to log spark. I'll do a compression check this week and let you know the results. Those are SAE numbers too.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts