Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you all for being patient while we go over our final numbers. We are releasing our 6lb kit. This kit comes with

3 Liter TECHCO Reverse-Revolution Twin Screw Supercharger
Dual A Frame intercooler
39lb injectors
TECHCO air kit
Heat Exchanger
Water pump
Diablo tuner with 91-93 tunes
8 ribbed stand alone belt drive system (fead) (no more braces needed for tensioner arm)

Base horsepower is:
446 RWHP
407 RWTQ

TESTING WAS DONE ON A COMPLETE STOCK MUSTANG WITH TECHCO SUPERCHARGER.

We will have the following kits released

8lb
10lb
12lb
HIGH HP KIT FOR YOU RACERS, DETAILS COMING.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Stock fuel pumps?

I did not see any mention of the fuel pumps... What was the fuel pump % duty cycle at 446 rhwp?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nasty!

Nasty... built bottom end for sure... NEEDED!

·
Registered
194 Posts
How much :dunno2:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hey Carlos , do you want to send one of those High HP Kits my way? Ill test this thing to the Max at the Track!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Carlos , do you want to send one of those High HP Kits my way? Ill test this thing to the Max at the Track!!!!
who is going to be driving your car for testing? :dunno2:

we already have some nice players in process of building their next generation track cars and the numbers will be up shortly

·
Registered
84 Posts
Were you making 446 rwhp on stock pump?

"I did not see any mention of the fuel pumps... What was the fuel pump % duty cycle at 446 rhwp?" [original question]

What is the percent "on" of the fuel pump (fuel pump duty cycle)? The description of the kit listed in your first message did not mention fuel pumps... so the assumption I made was that you are running on stock fuel pump since you said stock mustang except for your kit.

thanks for a great looking kit... trying to decide to go with your kit or Edelbrock's kit. I know a twin screw is more efficient than a standard roots...but the TVS is an enhanced roots, but still not as efficient as a twin screw... right?

·
Registered
270 Posts
So Carlos...

Being that I did your 302 kit, and I already have the diablo tuner and the CAI, how does that change the price? Can't wait to be the first to have this bad boy on a Techco motor... say maybe 15PSI??? I'll have a spare tranny standing by

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"I did not see any mention of the fuel pumps... What was the fuel pump % duty cycle at 446 rhwp?" [original question]

What is the percent "on" of the fuel pump (fuel pump duty cycle)? The description of the kit listed in your first message did not mention fuel pumps... so the assumption I made was that you are running on stock fuel pump since you said stock mustang except for your kit.

thanks for a great looking kit... trying to decide to go with your kit or Edelbrock's kit. I know a twin screw is more efficient than a standard roots...but the TVS is an enhanced roots, but still not as efficient as a twin screw... right?
We are running a stock fuel pump with 39lb injectors. I will take this to our calibrators for the remainder of your question.

A screw is still the only true positive displacement style. Time will tell with our unit, we are processing orders as we speak and we will let the customers make their own outcome with their own hands on testing. We can only say so much and show so much. We do have a few vendors in prcoess of building their rides around our unit to show its effeciency.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so Carlos...

Being That I Did Your 302 Kit, And I Already Have The Diablo Tuner And The Cai, How Does That Change The Price? Can't Wait To Be The First To Have This Bad Boy On A Techco Motor... Say Maybe 15psi??? I'll Have A Spare Tranny Standing By
And A Automatic With Our 5 Liter Conversion. You Cant Handle 15 Psi!!!!!!

Lol....kidding

·
Registered
743 Posts
who is going to be driving your car for testing? :dunno2:

we already have some nice players in process of building their next generation track cars and the numbers will be up shortly
Ill be doing all the driving for my car. I am trying to get a blower that can put me in a 10.0 index class at Atco and Englishtown this season. The Saleen isnt going to do it. Need something bigger.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I was within 10 on my HP estimate. Not a bad unit,looks good.
I'll be curious to see what the #'s are when the TS is really spun.

I would love to see a comparo with the Edelbrock at high boost :tip:

·
Registered
617 Posts
We are running a stock fuel pump with 39lb injectors. I will take this to our calibrators for the remainder of your question.

A screw is still the only true positive displacement style. Time will tell with our unit, we are processing orders as we speak and we will let the customers make their own outcome with their own hands on testing. We can only say so much and show so much. We do have a few vendors in prcoess of building their rides around our unit to show its effeciency.
I think you mean the only true "compressor" as a roots is a positive displacement pump. PD means it pumps a fixed amount at each rev so it's not tied to RPM. The Eaton TVS is a roots, but it borders on being defined as a screw compressor because it does have a slight amount of "internal compression". The TVS is clearly still no match for a screw compressor though, but it's a very nice piece.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
I think you mean the only true "compressor" as a roots is a positive displacement pump. PD means it pumps a fixed amount at each rev so it's not tied to RPM. The Eaton TVS is a roots, but it borders on being defined as a screw compressor because it does have a slight amount of "internal compression". The TVS is clearly still no match for a screw compressor though, but it's a very nice piece.

Thanks
I agree, the TVS is very impressive.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts