Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, was wondering if anyone knows what these need to be torqued to? I had one come loose and a bunch of oil came out. My shawn hyland book says 89 INCH/pounds but just wanted to make sure.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Idiophone Motor vehicle
Fastener Gas Tool Cylinder Household hardware

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Justin,

Go over to the TToC and down to the Engine Build Threads section. The first entry you will find is a complete listing of all the ARP fasteners available for the engine, their part numbers and their torque or stretch specs where appropriate. The thread has a downloadable pdf doc of the entire ARP fasteners table, attached to it.
Ok right on thank you. Another reason I ask is the bolt in my engine is a hex cap and someone else said they should be 12 head bolts.

I built this engine about 3 years ago and everything has been great. I developed a horrible oil leak, i thought it was the oil pan gasket. After dropping the k-member twice i realized that one of these side bolts had someone backed itself out and was completely loose, thus causing my oil leak lol. I have no idea how that happened. Do people ever RTV those?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to this i should be torquing them to 25 foot pounds but my Sean Hyland "How To Build A Mod Motor" book says 90 inch pounds.
Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Number

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FOUND it! I must have got them from here. If you look really close at the pic they're hex head. Next time I would definitely go ARP as i love a 12 sided fastener way more. I'm only posting this for future people that may run into this (highly unlikely).

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the the help Ed and you are spot on. Yeah I'll absolutely go ARP next time around. When i built this engine I was so green and new to it all (first Engine I've ever built). I've learned so much in the past 3 years. This forum and you are incredible and a blessing to the Terminator/Ford community. Thank you again sir.

Reactions: mercenvy
1 - 5 of 5 Posts