Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im selling my shortblock in order to move up to bigger things.. 324 boss build. This is from my current carbed setup here is a break down of the goodies

.020 over with Mahle power pak forged pistons flattop
Scat H beam rods with ARP rod bolts
Cast stock crank from a Mark Viii
Clevite H series coated rod bearings
Clevite H series main bearings
ARP main studs with custom made windage tray from a GT 500
Cobra oil pump
the rotating assembly has been fully balanced

All machine work was performed by Harrington race engines in Taylorsville NC. This has been a record holding shortblock as of two races ago! Has been 6.31 @ 107.21 in the 1/8 mile with a 150 shot of nitrous. I used this shortblock with TFS 38 cc heads and produced a 13.8 to 1 compression. It has roughly 100 1/8th mile passes and 3 1/4 mile passes.

Asking $ 2000

Thanks for looking would make the perfect shortblock for both 2vs or 4vs

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It ran its best et shifting at 6700 rpm.

Nitrous seems to make the cams smaller I tried shifting hight but it didn't gain me any et

· Registered
1,343 Posts
It ran its best et shifting at 6700 rpm.

Nitrous seems to make the cams smaller I tried shifting hight but it didn't gain me any et
It's not that it makes the cams smaller, its due to the power curve that nitrous produces. The torque production on a nitrous combo (low-mid range) is too good to surpass, on any combo. TQ and HP will cross at 5250 RPM, so generally on a nitrous combo....you wont benefit greatly from spinning much past 7,000...as the TQ is gradually falling off after it crosses...but is still very high in relation or comparison to HP (N20 vs N/A)

As for the shortblock, that seems like a great deal. What would the cost be for it "freshened" up? Is the crank modified in any way, or just prepped?

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has new rings and rod bearings in it now. It has made 14 passes on it since I freshened up. The crank ha been prepped. We are just wanting to go bigger to take advantage of our rules. You can run nitrous up to 335 ci. We faired very well with the only mod motor at 284 ci. Against 331ci. 302 based engines.

· Registered
1,521 Posts
bump to the top this has been a very reliable engine but like Andy said we need to go bigger

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here you go... thanks

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.