Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to clear something up , I dyno and test , But mostly tune at the track, Then post the results, to back it up I run the car and do the #. FACT , Or am I a magician. I keep having to defend my findings , this will stop as of now!
E.g. Larry Lightning said I was a dick, Thats his opinion, and you know about opinions, He banned me from SVT, Whow I'm really sad. lol lol lol , I heard several people were standing up for me on svt and got shut down , From what I see there I NEVER want to go there anyway. Svt Loses because im not there !! he he
This has nothing to with you guys who know what its all about .
Check out the hits and posts on here , Awesome :)

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Way too many newbies in the 03 scene IMO. It sucks. People asking what a clutch quadrant is, worrying about what brand of oil, brake dust, where to find a 8.8 solid axle :rolleyes:

The 03 Cobra is the "thing to get" now I guess. Lots of totally clueless owners coming from non-Mustang backgrounds. People who would have turned their nose up to a Mustang a year ago.

Probably the same clueless owners posting all the crap about you. If they had any idea of your background at all, they should STFU real quick. I've never called BS on anything you've posted, as I see no reason for you to post BS.

G

·
Pete

You have to remember, we were all tought not to believe any thing we hear and only half of what we see.

I think that could be the reason people are sceptical.

Try to take everthing with a grain of salt.

You ran a 10.6 on motor and a 10.06 with a little juice and an IRS in 95 deg heat! This is FACT, that you showed everyone in Bradenton.

Dyno numbres don't mean squat! But a time slip speaks volumes.

They can say whatever they like, but you have the time slips to prove them wrong.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
33 Posts
IWRBB said:

The 03 Cobra is the "thing to get" now I guess. Lots of totally clueless owners coming from non-Mustang backgrounds. People who would have turned their nose up to a Mustang a year ago.
While I tend to agree with your other comments, I don't see how this new phenomenon of brand converts is a bad thing. I had 7 fox body mustangs, but the SN95 got too fat and underpowered for my tastes. It wasn't until lately, with the Lightning and now the '03 that I would consider owning a Ford. I'm just glad that they got their heads out of their butts and started building impressive vehicles once again. Yes, I would have turned my nose up at a new Mustang a year ago (I was enjoying my Camaro SS), but that doesn't make me "Mustang Ignorant".

Just my $.02. And to stay on topic, I'm behind you Pete...your amazing results from your car on the stock engine are what cemented my decision to go ahead and get the Cobra.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Water under the bridge Pete, keep charging......

·
Registered
1 Posts
don't worry about it pete. there's people like that in all walks of life. just keep doing your thing and we'll keep reading about the accomplishments. i think i first came across your name in mustang racing about 13 yrs ago. glad to see you're still at it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
People who would have turned their nose up to a Mustang a year ago.
Like Marlow, I wouldn't have given a late model Mustang a second look until the 03 came out. I'm certainly not a clueless owner.

To me, it's all about bang for the buck. That and the damn blower whine. :D

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Hey Pete, I say keep doing what your doing. There is TON is BS and lies on the internet. Alot of scams, etc. And alot of people are skeptical of everything they read.

Another thing, people get brave behind a keyboard and will post things that they wouldn't dare say to your face.

Keep tweaking that car, and lets see a 9 second pass!!! We are behind ya Pete!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Pete don't even worry what all those other guys say or think fo you. Like doug said, you have the time slips to prove it. You and your guys do some great work and that is why I have my car in your hands, even as we speak. Keep up the good work buddy.

Matt

G

·
Dont worry about it Pete....they are just clueless and jealousy comes in to play also at times.

Shoot....Nitrous Pete has Nitrous in his lungs after all these years..all he has to do is breathe on a car and it goes faster.

Hot Rod
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Pete, You have Proven all your claims with certified timeslips.
There is nothing more you can do.
Some guys have taken there stand that you numbers and your claims were bogus.
They are now embarrased.I say fug dem. :shootbird
We all (EVEN THE NON BELIEVERS) benefited from your research.

[email protected] in Florida heat with IRS,, in a 3900lb car..:jawdrop
WTF more can you say or do..

peace out :cool:

Jim V.

ModularFords Terminator Forum
Home of the Fastest 03 Cobra

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pete, your the most hardcore of the hardcore racing crowd, and push the envelope further than most people can understand (myself included). The SVTperformance site is a great avenue for information, though it's a step below the true hardcore crowd. The admins there sometimes get more aggressive than they should, but that's no different than a bitchy checkout girl at the local grocery store ;) Take it with a grain of salt, and go on doing what you do best. Your noteriety goes beyond that one forum, so your plenty safe :)

Way too many newbies in the 03 scene IMO. It sucks. People asking what a clutch quadrant is, worrying about what brand of oil, brake dust, where to find a 8.8 solid axle

I'm a rather clueless owner coming from a Cobra background. My first car was a Mustang, my third car was a T-bird, and my last three cars have been a 97 Cobra, a 00 Saleen, and now an 03 Cobra. I worry about what brand of oil to use, I don't like brake dust on my nice paint job, and while I'm taking baby steps in dismantling my car as I learn to mod it myself, I don't rightly know what a clutch quadrant is. :shootbird
What's more, I DID turn my nose up to a Mustang in 1999 and 2001. Why? Because they were badly overpriced, and they horribly underperformed.

Despite the fact that Pete is worlds beyond what many of us "clueless owners" understand, he still takes the time to answer our questions without ever once calling down owners who aren't up to his level of expertise. That's something to think about, eh?

So, do I fall into this "Unworthy" category that you've created, or did you mis-speak your position?

·
Registered
223 Posts
yup, most of us are just trying to learn...
this is my first ford too. i try to temper my ignorance, but i'm sure it still shows :(

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
well, I guess I keep missing all the good stuff, I haven't seen anyone really question you, I have heard you guys talk about it though. It seems like they must be jealous or something because I don't know how they could question you. . .I mean. . you posted the 700+ dyno video (which I have watched about 50 times) and you ran at bradenton. Thats the only reason I went to bradenton and it was worth it, your car sounded great, ran great, and the KB looked great too. There are not too many 9sec capable mustangs that can still be a COMFORTABLE daily driver. Good job pete.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well, I must have missed it too, but hopefully you'll keep posting and sharing wherever you can. I enjoy reading about the limits even though I'll never test them myself.

Perhaps after tempers have settled a rational decision can be reached. It would be a shame to stop seeing your posts over there.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey Pete

My Grandad used to say 'Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one, and they're sure their's is the only one that doesn't stink'

We are drooling to hear the news when you find some as yet undiscovered HP.

Those not interested in stuff that works, don't read, and don't wave the BS flag unless you have proof. Pete has timeslips!

John

·
Registered
54 Posts
i got banned from svtperformance.com for a heated dispute over your claims and others that were similar. this happened mainly b/c i picked up the BS and threw back in their face. keep up the good work Pete, we all appreciate it.

matt

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
:D :banggears :banggears :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Keep up the great work, people listen to what you say. Dyno's sheets are not all equal, but the 1/4 mile time slips can't lie...

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's not so much the "newbies" that infuriated me on that board. It's the so-called "veterans" and "old-timers" that know who Pete is and still cry foul with his findings. Okay..so they think there's something wrong..but do they go out and PROVE Pete wrong? NO. They make assumptions and empty conclusions without validating their claims. Well, wake up because Pete hadn't been assuming the Eaton could go over 600rwhp, he didn't assume it could handle 20psi..he showed it..time slip, dyno, video. Anyone else? NOPE. Pete's pushing these cars far beyond anyone else could have..so what's the potential of these cars? Who knows, but one things for sure..if it wasn't for Pete we'd still be using Randy's 617rwhp as the benchmark for the KB blower lol(some sarcasm, yes). Shut up, watch, learn. It's funny how it's okay to criticize Pete but GOD FORBID anyone defend him. That's when ppl get warned, banned etc. Double standard right there. Give respect, get respect. I don't attack anyone personally, but i'll attack their statements especially when it's biased and counterproductive. As the saying goes, "Don't sing it, bring it." U THE MAN, Pete. Later days, Franco.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.