Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Assuming the block is unmachined and can be honed for proper fit. Regardless, I would highly recommend stepping up to some quality aftermarket forged pistons. The stock 03/04 Cobra units, though forged, aren't that great.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How Far Over On A 4.6

WILL A 01 03/04 GO FROM A 281 TO A 330 OR MORE WITH 10:1 COMPRESSION AND STILL RUN A EATON OR K/BELL SAFELEY . HOW MUCH HEAT PROBLEMS WOULD THIS BE ON A DAILY DRIVER? THANKS COBRA1906:dumb:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
yo

You need an aftermarket block to get 330 cubes.
As for the compression with the right combo and tune I would say yeah. (racegas)
I was running 10:1 with a 347 T trim (20psi) in the renegade class back in the day.

WILL A 01 03/04 GO FROM A 281 TO A 330 OR MORE WITH 10:1 COMPRESSION AND STILL RUN A EATON OR K/BELL SAFELEY . HOW MUCH HEAT PROBLEMS WOULD THIS BE ON A DAILY DRIVER? THANKS COBRA1906:dumb:

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
I would not recommend that much compression for the positive displacement setup. Too much load early in the rev range building a lot of heat and cylinder pressure. I wouldn't run above 9:1 for a PD blower. The stock 8.5:1 for the Cobra is pretty ideal for the PD blowers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts