Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
One of my goals with this project is to have a cool running motor and trans. I will be running a 6R80 behind the terminator. Im looking at radiators and came across a mishimoto dual pass 3 row. I have a mishimoto radiator and trans cooler in my 02 powerstroke and Im very happy with these.
This particular radiator is for a manual trans however and so doesnt have a cooler.
So is a good tranny cooler with its own fan mounted aft of the transmission enough coolong for the 6R80?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
One of my goals with this project is to have a cool running motor and trans. I will be running a 6R80 behind the terminator. Im looking at radiators and came across a mishimoto dual pass 3 row. I have a mishimoto radiator and trans cooler in my 02 powerstroke and Im very happy with these.
This particular radiator is for a manual trans however and so doesnt have a cooler.
So is a good tranny cooler with its own fan mounted aft of the transmission enough coolong for the 6R80?
Where do you have room to mount the cooler? Can you get air to it? I have two 8" fans on mine at the very back of the car. It works good, but it doesn't work as well as when I had the cooler in the front bumper where it got fresh air. I had to move it because my intercooler is so huge, there was no room for it. The more direct air you can get on the cooler, the better.

Reactions: mercenvy

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So you don't have a cooler in the radiator then to go along with the external one?
I am really just in the planning stage right now. I am accumulating parts but haven't started on it. I'm still looking for a house

Wow looks like you've upped your game since last we spoke. 1600 hp? that's crazy man lol
Traction must be a challenge

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
So you don't have a cooler in the radiator then to go along with the external one?
I am really just in the planning stage right now. I am accumulating parts but haven't started on it. I'm still looking for a house

Wow looks like you've upped your game since last we spoke. 1600 hp? that's crazy man lol
Traction must be a challenge
I do not have a cooler in the radiator, I am just running the stock terminator radiator. Just run an external cooler and like I said, if you can, get fresh air to it and it will be more efficient.

Yeah the car has come along quite a ways over the last few years. Just made a lot of incremental improvements over time and working with the right people has really transformed the car. I have traction control so surprisingly it doesn't destroy the tires like it used to. It is definitely pretty rowdy lol.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Okay new question on bearing clearances. Ive read up a bit on the different theories about tighter and looser clearances and thicker and thinner oil viscosity. My question concerns a motor with a belt driven supercharger and whether the front main bearing needs a slightly larger clearance due to the loading of the SC

·
Administrator
9,710 Posts
You are playing with the primal forces of nature. Leave the bearing clearances alone! Run a set of King bearings using either the SI or HP version for our engine with a crank that has stock journal sizes. If you have not upgraded your oil pump from the stock Terminator pump, get a GT500 style pump. I highly recommend the Boundry Engineering pumps over all others. A 10W-40 oil or a 10W-50 for hot climates or racing will work well for you.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts