Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard many people use the word terminator when talking about our cars. Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know why. Would anyone be willing to give me some background?

Thanks

G

·
Originally SVT gave our cars the Terminator code while being thought up and built....but when the time came to stick with that name...legal issues with the Terminator movie producers might have cost tooo much...but...if you look on the decal under the rear bumper area...you will see a barcode and on that there will be the word..."Terminator".....pretty cool

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Harry, I know the 03 has been reffered to as the Terminator, but I remember back in 1993, when Ford was doing testing with the SN95 platfrom, there were three choices for people to look at. The one that was overly aggressive was called the Terminator model. Just thought you would find that interesting.
Jules

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know back in the early 90s Ford had a performance package for the GT called Terminator it sold for about 2000. It added about 75 hp to the GT. If you got it a Ford factory tech would come in to the dealership and do the mods it was sort of a hush hush type thing that the dealers service dept did not even know about. Almost got the package but other things got in the way.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yup....Harry is 100% correct.....here is a pic he was talking about.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Introduction of the Terminator

Here's a black and white version of the invitation Tom Scarpello signed for the unveiling in February, 2002:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts