Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read alot of topics on this, and now I just want to ask directly......

Do all Lincoln Mark VIII's have the Teskid block? More direct? What about the '94 and '95? I have found them in my area with great prices on the entire cars, both running. I can pick them both up for less than $1000. Next is, Would they be AODE or 4R70W's? in those years. All I want from them is the bare block of 1 and a 4R70W, to begin my project.

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
All the Mark VIIIs have Teksid blocks. Can't remember on the tranny.

I have read alot of topics on this, and now I just want to ask directly......

Do all Lincoln Mark VIII's have the Teskid block? More direct? What about the '94 and '95? I have found them in my area with great prices on the entire cars, both running. I can pick them both up for less than $1000. Next is, Would they be AODE or 4R70W's? in those years. All I want from them is the bare block of 1 and a 4R70W, to begin my project.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK cool, Thanks Eric, I have read, and decided to build my bottom end myself and I feel like the teskid block will hold what I want to put down. I got my axles and carrier, I will try to install them this weekend. I am still running NMRA Bredenton with my current setup, however I already know I dont stand a chance, I dont have the consistancy for True Street yet, not with the 3650, and my poor .200 reaction time due to only making 4 passes in the lifespan of this car. I will go and have fun anyways. I do however plan to have this thing ready by August for the NMRA Charlotte event, I will have my engine ready, the 4R70W will be in there and set up, and will also have enough time to get a better reaction time, and be more consistant. This block will work with the Trick Flow 2V heads I ordered right? I know I have to drill a coolant hole near the #5 cylinder, and use some timing bolts from an explorer, and the front cover from a crown vic. I need to make sure my @v heads, Trick Flow intake, and Vortech mounting bracket will all work before I dump alot of money into this. Any advice?

·
Registered
895 Posts
4r70w

I got your back, they all come with the 4r70w.

If you can get a whole running car for under $1000 and part it out, you can actually keep the block and trans and either break even or make money on the rest of the car. You would be shocked at the price people pay for some things.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
then why are u still here talking go get them :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought a 96 Mark two years ago for $600. Only thing wrong with it was a busted headlight and cracked hood. I stripped everything off of it and sold the body for scrap for $250. So I got everything for my modular conversion for $350.:dunno2:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got a 95with a mint body, everything is good inside and out. I just dont want this empty body sittin around my place while i wait to sell it or its parts.

I bought a 96 Mark two years ago for $600. Only thing wrong with it was a busted headlight and cracked hood. I stripped everything off of it and sold the body for scrap for $250. So I got everything for my modular conversion for $350.:dunno2:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thats why I hauled mine off for scrap. I could have sold the fenders, doors, interior panels etc. but I didn't want to deal with it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So now I am considering head options, I have a set of the new Trick Flow 2V heads on order, but for curiosity, how well would the top end of the 95 MK8 flow with the stock 4V heads and a 96-98 Cobra intake compared to the TFS 2V heads. Keep in mind that I haven't bought cams yet, so consider all cam options. Next, would I run into any issues using the 95 MK8 PCM in my 02 GT? I will be using the MK8 transmission also, after I have it freshened up to my liking.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
the 95 comp wont work in ur 02 without a lot work but the 02 comp will run a 4v motor just as well as a 2v

1 - 12 of 12 Posts