Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Mike and the guys at Livernois for these CNC ported GT heads.

They are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

[IMG
]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa79/blownhardgt/IMG_1802.jpg[/IMG]

The pictures don't these any justice. They are very nice.

·
Registered
790 Posts
THose heads look really nice but I have one question. The ports on the intake and exhaust look like they have a sharp edge wouldnt you have a bit more flow chamfering that lip.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That will be addressed before they are assembled. They haven't been deburred yet. Well actually I just did one. I removed all those edges. I still have to clean up the combustion chamber a little. I didn't order the heads complete just bare.

I can't wait to get the rest of the shit to make this thing run. I have camshafts for these as well. Just need the springs and valves. I'm waiting for Boss330 to give me a price so I can get the money together for that stuff. I want to run Al's valvetrain. It's well proven.

Better pics

Here's with it deburred.

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
Damn those are sweet! How much power you expecting to make with these over the 2V heads?

·
2V powered
3,866 Posts
I think the porting is an overkill! You will lose power. You sure you don't want to go back to the 2v??

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think the porting is an overkill! You will lose power. You sure you don't want to go back to the 2v??
Loose power. Send me what your smoking. lol.

Hell no I don't want to go back. I already got the cams for these baby's as well.

To answer somebody else's question. We plan on making between 900-1000rwhp through the auto with small blower the F1C. We expect 1100-1200rwhp with the bigger F1R. We probably won't get to put the R on the car this year mainly because of cost. Dezracing is letting me use their F1C for the bubble. I'm hoping the car will run good numbers and impress Procharger enough to cut me a break on the bigger blower.

Mike has made 1182rwhp through a glide with the F1R in a push rod car with a Cog. Were using a direct drive. Which is supposed to be worth 53rwhp over the cog setup. Plus we believe the GT head flows much better under the curve then does the Victor 2 head on the push rod car. But both heads flow similar up stairs. So it should be interesting for sure. Dan S. made I think 1063 with his car with stock GT heads and a F1R with a 10 rib setup.

But to do the F1R right and slam the thing with a ton of boost were gong to have to put a in the car cooler in as well.

We'll be posting more info and details as the project rolls along, and we have more data.

Adam

·
Wangan GTO
1,425 Posts
Hawt !

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have the same heads . They're awesome .

·
My car hates me
503 Posts
Is that your shop in the background? Even have a bridgeport huh. That's awesome! I need to hurry up and buy a house so i can have a spot for all my toys.

Looks great man, good luck!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Is that your shop in the background? Even have a bridgeport huh. That's awesome! I need to hurry up and buy a house so i can have a spot for all my toys.

Looks great man, good luck!
Well that's my shop/garage. I'm trying to get it all arranged. I thought I had it all planned out. But the bridgeport takes up way more room then I thought it would. I would like to get a lathe as well. I'm trying to get the things I will use enough to make them worth buying. The table next to the bridgeport I made for a welding table. You can buy the material for way cheaper and weld up the table you want. I did that because nobody made a table like that and with a 1/4" top. I had the top made and welded up the rest. It's heavy as hell but really sturdy. And it's awesome because I just put my ground lead on the table to weld whatever I throw up there.

I can get the cutter I want for about 250 that will allow me to mill heads and blocks in the bridgeport. Which will really be cool. Then I won't have to send a set of heads out to be milled, or a block. I can do exactly how I want it.

Although Chris at C3 machine in Foxboro does my machine work now and he does a awesome job and is priced more then fairly IMO. So he will still get all of my blocks to hone and wash. Cranks, etc.. He's a great guy to use for anyone in the area.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks very nice, thats going to be one hell of a setup....

one question though...ever thought about going turbo?

not arguing turbo vs. blower, I am a fan of the big prochargers....but just curious since you seem to know your stuff and wouldnt have any trouble making the switch yourself

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought about it. But right now I really like the blower. The car doesn't get driven much on the street if at all anymore. But when it is on the street I like the blower better. But I won't argue the turbo. I have thought about it. Who knows what the future will bring. This won't be the last car I build.

I'm going to be using a direct drive for the blower. So belt slip will not be a issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts