661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey here is how the car looks , as is Now . Not like the Mag. huh
Peace all

Attachments

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Hey Pete the car looks great man.;) I just got my copy of MM&FF and read the shootout article between you and Jim. I remeber a thread here about how they were biased and ragged hard on you about your ride. I am a huge fan of yours but I would like to share my opinion on the article. .................................

After reading the post here on modular fords I was waiting by the mailbox for this issue to show up. I was a little upset that they would disrespect such a contributor and legend to the sport. Well I read the whole article with a slightly biased opinion (I'm on your side) and I didn't see it that way.:confused:

Now being an outsider and just reading the article it seemed spot on to me. They noted that the call was for factory 6-speed tranny's and you showed with the AOD. They also made note of, and I quote "Okay it looks like a hack job" referring to your toggle switches and B&M shifter install. Well in my opinion Pete it does look like a hack job and wouldn't be acceptable in my car. I also understand that everyone has their own taste and that I am anal when it comes to my ride.

MM&FF also made note of you running "Space saver spares" up front to lighten your car. While I wouldn't attempt that due to safety reasons, It was just honest and factual reporting in my opinion. In the bottom right inset picture on page 52 it shows your space saver spare mounted on the front. Pete there's only 4 lug nuts on that sucker! Did you make 130+mph passes like that? If so your one brave man! They also made light of your numerous stickers, rollcage and wiring everywhere, but that's just trivial BS.

I didn't see anything wrong with the article in question and feel they reported it honestly. I also think that MM&FF wanted to do a shootout with real world streetcars and were a bit upset when you showed up with a cobra that was far less than your average daily driver. I think they wanted you and Jim to represent the "Real World Cobras" guys like myself have to drive their cars on a daily basis. I'm not knocking your car in the slightest bit. You are the top dog in the 03 world right now and everyone knows it. I also commend you on your efforts to help out all the other 03 guys. I just wanted to give you my honest opinion on the article. This all comes from a guy who looks up to you.;)

Razor.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Questions:

Wheel specs? Tire Specs? What shocks are in the back?

Please post so we can all benefit.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Razor - I just got done reading the article and I thought the exact same thing as you. I didn't feel like they were attacking pete's car. It seemed like a good write up, because like you mentioned, they wanted the shootout to be more of a "street" shootout. So I can see why they preferred Jim's car. Except for the gauges the interior looked the same as a stock cobra.

What I was surprised at was how well Jim did. Until his clutch went out, he was only eight hundredths slower on the first two passes. That was with a vert, stock heavy wheels up front, battery up front, and the 6 speed. But congrats to pete for the great 1/4 times when he had the eaton.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Question for Pete ???

I think I've read somewhere were you recomend the use of the dry nitrous kits but I did notice that both you and Jim D were running wet kits. Sooooooo....

Wet or Dry for the Nitrous kits?

I may be wrong but I did see the fuel lines connecting to the fuel soleniods in both cars...

Can you please clarify for me since I am considering using a small shot of N2O on the car at some point and want to know what the experts are using.

Thanks,

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
first of all They called me to run and they new I had an auto !!! Fact ask John . H from mmff. :) He called me. !! to appoligize
2nd The shifter and wires are NOT a hack job !!
3rd I wouldent work on your car...... You dont deserve my service.
, You are not too sharp also 5 lug in front !!! Dah NOT 4
the spair savers are DOT !!!! I went 140 mph on them , If you dont want to do that fine . I did because Jim De. had blower work and that was illegal for this event.

akatherazor4 said:
Hey Pete the car looks great man.;) I just got my copy of MM&FF and read the shootout article between you and Jim. I remeber a thread here about how they were biased and ragged hard on you about your ride. I am a huge fan of yours but I would like to share my opinion on the article. .................................

After reading the post here on modular fords I was waiting by the mailbox for this issue to show up. I was a little upset that they would disrespect such a contributor and legend to the sport. Well I read the whole article with a slightly biased opinion (I'm on your side) and I didn't see it that way.:confused:

Now being an outsider and just reading the article it seemed spot on to me. They noted that the call was for factory 6-speed tranny's and you showed with the AOD. They also made note of, and I quote "Okay it looks like a hack job" referring to your toggle switches and B&M shifter install. Well in my opinion Pete it does look like a hack job and wouldn't be acceptable in my car. I also understand that everyone has their own taste and that I am anal when it comes to my ride.

MM&FF also made note of you running "Space saver spares" up front to lighten your car. While I wouldn't attempt that due to safety reasons, It was just honest and factual reporting in my opinion. In the bottom right inset picture on page 52 it shows your space saver spare mounted on the front. Pete there's only 4 lug nuts on that sucker! Did you make 130+mph passes like that? If so your one brave man! They also made light of your numerous stickers, rollcage and wiring everywhere, but that's just trivial BS.

I didn't see anything wrong with the article in question and feel they reported it honestly. I also think that MM&FF wanted to do a shootout with real world streetcars and were a bit upset when you showed up with a cobra that was far less than your average daily driver. I think they wanted you and Jim to represent the "Real World Cobras" guys like myself have to drive their cars on a daily basis. I'm not knocking your car in the slightest bit. You are the top dog in the 03 world right now and everyone knows it. I also commend you on your efforts to help out all the other 03 guys. I just wanted to give you my honest opinion on the article. This all comes from a guy who looks up to you.;)

Razor.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guess what the stick makes 40 more hp than the auto...\
I know this from dyno time .........
I use the auto , better shifts. No misses
Also I WENT FASTER WITH THE STICK... BEFORE THIS RACE.
Plain and simple I dont like shifting ...........
KevinJKD said:
Razor - I just got done reading the article and I thought the exact same thing as you. I didn't feel like they were attacking pete's car. It seemed like a good write up, because like you mentioned, they wanted the shootout to be more of a "street" shootout. So I can see why they preferred Jim's car. Except for the gauges the interior looked the same as a stock cobra.

What I was surprised at was how well Jim did. Until his clutch went out, he was only eight hundredths slower on the first two passes. That was with a vert, stock heavy wheels up front, battery up front, and the 6 speed. But congrats to pete for the great 1/4 times when he had the eaton.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Razor & Kevin . . . I agree totally with you guys. I didn't see the article as a bash at all. It was actually a good article.

Pete, how about some details on the wheels/tires and shocks?

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
nitrous pete said:
first of all They called me to run and they new I had an auto !!! Fact ask John . H from mmff. :) He called me. !! to appoligize
2nd The shifter and wires are NOT a hack job !!
3rd I wouldent work on your car...... You dont deserve my service.
, You are not too sharp also 5 lug in front !!! Dah NOT 4
the spair savers are DOT !!!! I went 140 mph on them , If you dont want to do that fine . I did because Jim De. had blower work and that was illegal for this event.
Whoa Pete! Kick back and take a valume bro. Like I said I am just a fan of yours and I appreciate what you do to help the 03 guys here. I am also the guy that created your banner ad on this forum For Free!. To take it a step further I am friends with Greg Yasika, You know the guy who has an old car of yours.;) No need to go further with that.

Anyway Pete my intent was not to insult you. I was just giving you my input as a normal MM&FF reader. I thought you might appreaciate the feedback rather than attack me. Also if you take the time to look at page 52 in MM&FF you will see that you are only running 4 lug nuts on a 5-lug rim. I am well aware that the 03 cobras are 5-lug cars. I was just asking if you in fact were running only 4 "Lug nuts" on a 5-lug rim at 130+mph. Sorry if I offended you by agreeing that your shifter install looked like a hack job. Not trying to insult you on that, Just my opinion.

Razor.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Yeah Pete what wheels are those up front, also any prices or availability??

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bogart. Just call me :) I am a dealer for them

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bogart. Just call me I am a dealer for them
How about posting the info so we could all benefit? Ya know, thus helping the 03 Cobra community?

I'm real curious as to what you've done in back suspension wise. Shocks specifically.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.