Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I say Beech Bend was hooking tonight! [email protected] 1/8 and 11.38 @ 118.9 , with a and you better sit down! 1.51 60 ft. Thing is that there is more left in it. The 60ft felt unlike any other but on my powershift to second came massive wheelspin and not to mention I bobbled 4th gear hence my low mph. Only got 1 pass the crowd was like an NMRA event or something. Not sure if I can get the car hooked up in second (at least on drag radials), the track prep was great as far as 60ft but powershifting second brings on tons of wheelspin. If I can get this thing hooked up in 2nd and get a clean 4th well who knows! But needless to say I went home happy tonight! Comments welcome!

·
Registered
250 Posts
What 2kbill said! Man...that is very impressive! Serious numbers and great driving. Interested also in what you have changed.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Trey,
Great job man. It was only a matter of time. Most of it has to do with driving these beasts. And you found it on that run. The 60ft. is very impressive. Did you dump the clutch out of the hole to get the 1.51. What RPM did you launch? Excellent job, and I see better in your future.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
You are a driver now..Congrats

·
Registered
246 Posts
Trey,
Very impressive:eek: Great job of driving your car,you always told me you could drive that car you just proved it to everyone tonight!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Trey, OUTSTANDING job! Get cold air and your there!!! What clutch are you using and which DR's and halfshafts? I'm going about this w/ the 26x11.5" ET Streets as you know but the stock clutch is gone. Spec III/II combo, upgraded input shaft, upgraded half shafts and maybe I'll be hanging with you bud!

Jerry

·
Registered
285 Posts
DAYUM son, kick ass great driving

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Awsome times trey! What types of suspension mods do you have?

Dave

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got home from the US Nationals!!Thanks for the kind words guys, well there have been a few changes since the last time I ran the car at Mod Shootout, up there it ran 12.10 @ 118 on F1's, but I found out that my interchangeable pulley hub wasnt pressed on flush like I thought it was, and Doug A.K.A. Billetflow was kind enough to press it on for me, from then on my car has ran better, I was getting lots of belt dust before where now I am getting very little, on to last night!!! 3800-4000 coming off the floor quick with the clutch and going to the floor with the gas not dumping the clutch if so it would have resulted in broken parts(100% stock drivetrain), 16-17psi in the BFG's. I am leaving a tenth or so on the 1-2 powershift, I can say if the car would have hooked better in second it would have been on a 7teens pass and low 11.20's or teens going off the 60footer if I could have caught 4th cleanly. Well to many if's and woulda's, I can see the car has more to give with some better traction in second and the weather wasnt perfect, 74 with some light dew on the cars!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Awesome #'s! That is a killer 60FT too! :jawdrop Where abouts in Indiana are you that you drive all the way to Bowlinggreen to race>??? I remember when I was at school in Indiana and I made the trip down for the GS Nationals it was a decent ride and I was right on the IN/KY border in Clarksville/Jeffersonville. Anwways, can't wait to see what your car does with less spin on the shift and a cleaner 3-4. Goodluck, -Mat-

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
F150 I am right across the river from Owensboro right at 70 miles from the track, its all Interstate and is a very easy drive. Yeah Clarksville is a much longer drive than I have, but BG was hooking the other night so it was worth the little drive!:)

·
Registered
577 Posts
We may have a NEW fastest "mod for mod" car now. Great times, get out there and back them up!!!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
:jawdrop holy shit bro!!!!! thats fuggin fast!!!!!! congradulations bro!! keep up the driving, cold weather and traction in 2nd and you'll be dropping into that heavenly 10!! ;)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure if the car will go 10's, actually I am pretty sure it wont, but with a DA in the 100-300 range and getting the car hooked up in second, I am sure it will go teens going off my 1/8 times, my next thing is looking for some skinny's. And no Broke still has fewer mods than I and is a good bit faster and I am sure there is someone even faster out there!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah Hammer the 1/8 stats are more impressive to me than the 1/4, I'm knocking the pressure down a little more and doing a little better burn out in effort to get traction in second , we'll see!

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
If you can, Trey, scan in your time slip and post it up here.

I have a feeling that you are having the same problem as me. First half of the track, car looks like it's going to run a mid to low 10. On the big end, it lays over...loses all that pull and just carries.

I have been lead to believe that stock logs are the culprit and I am going to find out very soon. Jim D'Amore is doing a Kooks long tube install on my car and he is willing to bet the farm that the car will run a very low 10 with them and the good weather.

I have a feeling that you are in the same boat. Think about investing in the Kooks long tubes. I bet that if you could drive Jimmy V's car, you'd be sold on them.

His car has a moderate pulley...so it doesn't pull down low or mid-range nearly as hard as some other Cobras do (Cobras with upper and lower, ice box coolers, etc.). But his car makes a good case for long tubes up top. Man, that thing wakes up bigtime at 5K and up.

I bet your car would shave 2-3 tenths on a run like this one..with a monster short time.

One thing's for sure. Looking for 10's on an 03 Cobra with stock logs is asking an aweful lot of the car.

Food for thought, bro.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts