Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Give an example of 4-6 small meals to eat in a day. It's hard enough trying to figure out dinner!!
Here is kind of what I used to do. I would eat 3-4 eggs for breakfast and sometimes a yogurt. During school I would find time to eat a protein bar. For lunch I would have a peanut butter and honey sandwich, a piece of fruit and maybe something else small. I would eat dinner with my family-usually a meat dish, then go to the gym in the evening. Going in the evening kicks up your metabolism for when you sleep. When I wanted to gain a lot of weight I would come home after the gym and eat another 5-8 eggs.

One thing to watch out for are salads. The healthiest way to have one is lettuce, grilled chicken, and salsa for your dressing. Salad dressing has way too much fat.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Adopt a healthy lifestyle instead of a 'diet'. Eat salads, lean meats, and drink lots of water.

The only issue I have with NutriSystem is the fact that the salt and preservative content is off the charts. Plus it's so expensive, most people can only afford to do it for a short time.
Agreed, it was (is) a total lifestyle change moreso than a "diet" for me.

Elisa, did you ever get a chance to browse Youtube for the kettle bell workouts? Core strength like whoa...

In comparison to Pizza Hut, Burger King, Wendy's etc, I'm going to bet the salt/preservatives I was consuming was still drastically reduced. Definitely not a cheap route, but my expenses were probably less than lunch/dinner from a restaurant daily. I stopped doing the plan because I realized it could be easily replicated with other products (lean cuisine, etc) and ordering a little smarter when eating out. Hoping it continues to work!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Give an example of 4-6 small meals to eat in a day. It's hard enough trying to figure out dinner!!
here's an example of small meals:

Breakfast - 6 eggs (only 2 yokes) and two pieces of wheat toast. Water or skim milk - 500-600 Calories

Another Breakfast - Low Fat Cottage Cheese and fruit.

Meal 2 - Can of White Tuna on Toast - 400 Calories

Meal 3 - Turkey Sandwich on Wheat - 350 Calories

Meal 4 - Chicken Breast & Steamed Veggies - 400-700 Calories depending on condiments

Meal 5 - PB & J (which is actually really good for you if you buy the right PB & J) w/ glass of skim milk - 600 Calories

Meal 6 - Tacos w/ Lean beef (93/7), whole wheat tortillas, fat free sour cream, low fat cheese - 400-800 Calories depending on portion size

·
Registered
307 Posts
This thread has been pretty informative for me. At 28 years young I have high blood pressure and cholesteral thru the roof. I'm on meds for the cholesterol but refuse do blood pressure pills until I see what my new eating and excercising habits will do. I attribute most of it to my job, as I travel a ton for work and it's hard to find fresh, healthy foods and consistently excercise. Couple that with the stress I deal w/ on a daily basis and you've got someone not yet 30 who has the health problems of someone 50 +.

I cut out the fast foods. No McD's, BK, Wendy's, pizza, etc. Occassionally I'll hit a Quiznos or Subway, but outside of that all of those places have gone away for me. I've cut out the crap high in sodium and sat. fats. I no longer eat until I'm stuffed or the plate is clean. I quit drinking sodas about 4-5 months ago, but I haven't really seen or felt an effect other than feeling good that I don't drink sodas. 9 times out of 10 I'm drinking water. Haven't given up the beer totally and it doesn't help that my beer is the King of Beers. :) And I'm getting a vigorous walk in 30 min to an hour at least 4 days of the week.

I'm not looking to be Body by Jake or have abs of steal. The doc says dropping 5 lbs will greatly improve my cholesterol and blood pressure. Any other advice? If I keep on this track will I see results? TIA.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have you considered studying a martial art at a reputable dojo - i.e. not a McDojo where it's just an aerobics class with chambered punches?

My class has been far better to me than all the years I spent in the gym - both physically and mentally.

I've dropped lbs, gained muscle, and have a healthier outlook on life.

MMA, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, boxing, Judo....all good stuff that can be practical on the street as well.

Most places have a two week + free trial period. Try some of them out and find one that gives you a good workout in addition to teaching something practical.

Tip: If your martial arts instructor is fatter than anyone in the class, WALK.

My instructor is 54, about 5'8 and is in better shape than most in the class. He could also beat the living hell out of most of us as well.
I will have to agree with you on this one. I started training for mma and in a matter of about two to three months i lost @ 40lbs while gaining muscle. As long as I didn't eat in massive amounts I could get away with eating almost anything. I mean Chuck Liddell consumes nearly 3500 calories a week when he is CUTTING weight. Plus most of his diet consists of complex carbs like white rice and what not.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
here's an example of small meals:

Breakfast - 6 eggs (only 2 yokes) and two pieces of wheat toast. Water or skim milk - 500-600 Calories

Another Breakfast - Low Fat Cottage Cheese and fruit.

Meal 2 - Can of White Tuna on Toast - 400 Calories

Meal 3 - Turkey Sandwich on Wheat - 350 Calories

Meal 4 - Chicken Breast & Steamed Veggies - 400-700 Calories depending on condiments

Meal 5 - PB & J (which is actually really good for you if you buy the right PB & J) w/ glass of skim milk - 600 Calories

Meal 6 - Tacos w/ Lean beef (93/7), whole wheat tortillas, fat free sour cream, low fat cheese - 400-800 Calories depending on portion size
The only bad thing with this is the amount of bread consumed. Tuna is especially good and is a top choice in my book, although I eating it. Honestly if you all are trying to lose weight you need to cut out a lot of bread. 1-2 pieces of WHOLE WEAT a day at max, or something to substitute it. I promise that will help a ton. Along with cutting out pop/coffee.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.