Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This EMAIL shows what transpired between myself and JMS. The fraud, the damages and the crooked dealings. What it does NOT cover. Is the fact since then it was found by HPP Racing and Houston Performance that JMS had left rags in the oil return lines when they changed the cams. Effectively turning the pass side valve cover into a second oil pan. Also not covered is the fact JMS provided me with a 2 BAR GM map sensor after telling me it was a 3 BAR FAST sensor. These issues were only discovered these last two weeks.

I advise you to read the email and to look over the overbilled and fradulent INVOICE before you consider doing business with them.

Thanks for your time. And good luck dealing with the shops and tuners out there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Real Deal about this turbo deal

Someone else has already taken the word out of my mouth......lawsuit....I guess he forgot to tell you the invoice wasn't paid.......this post was on the corral already but I guess he is going around the net trying to badmouth me.......the theme from cops should be cued right about.....NOW.

One really cool thing is......I'm going to be on TV......

I just finished the taping of a Two Guys Garage show.......I'm on for about 15mins.........we just did some tuning on a Carb Mustang....but it's the start of something big.....they want me to be involved in all of their tuning from now on....very cool.

The show will be on ~ Dec. 22 or so..........

Chris

The real deal to follow:

#1 This turbo kit was a major nightmare.

JMS will not install someone elses turbo kit ever again.

When the car was about 80% complete Casey decided he had to have the car.

He was nervous, etc....just wanted the car.....that should have been a hint of what was to come but it wasn't.

We dyno'ed the car and it made decent power with no boost (30+ pulls of 650+rwhp) and we were paid by check.

When he paid us he said to wait a few days. After two weeks he said to deposit the check

THE CHECK BOUNCED and we still haven't been paid.

The state of Alabama is in the process of going after Mr. Casey because he can't afford to pay his bills.

That is the bottom line........he has no funds, has broken the law and now has to pay that price.

No amount of BS that he makes up about JMS will alter that fact.

I don't know how many other shops he has or will do this too......but SHOPS beware.....he will not pay his bills.

Remember this:

During the weeks after Casey picked up his car he drove it several thousand miles without a problem

Casey also had several dyno sessions on the car.

After the final dyno session the car hurt the engine because of a bent rod.

His boost spiked to 35+psi because he blocked off the wastegate.

Or were those all lies too........who knows?

Also the reason the wastegate was blocked off is because Casey ordered the wrong turbo.

Don't forget it is a crime to write a bad check.

I won't respond to any responses.....we have too much work to do building the best high end cars around......

In the last month we have put out two cobras that made over 600rwhp (one made 704rwhp) and a 2V GT that made 595rwhp on pump gas.

There is no time to deal with his crap.....only time to set the record straight.....maybe if I'm lucky I will get to see the tape of the police picking him up.....

Chris Johnson
www.jmschip.com
I don't reply to any responses, etc.....we are too busy building the best cars around....

Chris Johnson
Johnson Motorsports
www.jmschip.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wont dispute at one time this guy was the best in the biz. I certainly thought so. JMS is no longer JMS. Chris is'nt the guy he used to be. If you read the invoice you see the issues. He charges for labor that was not done. He neglets to metion he faces his own criminal charges for FRAUD in the state of AL (lets go ahead and cue that music again) he also fails to mention he is not suing me. He is COUNTER suing. Read the email to under stand the grievences.

My fraud charges are based on the fact he misrepresented labor and work to the car that was not completed. The resulting engine failure was only recenty determined.

You will notice he IN NO THREADS anywhere, does he adress the issues. He calls names.

These pictures speak volumes for the level of work that was done to a 12 thousand dollar motor. My biggest regret was not that I canceleled action on the check. But the fact I had already paid him 12 grand in CASH for shitty work. Monies I will see returned to me via the AL court of common pleas. Don't buy into his bullshit. He's a greedy crook who work has gone no where but down hill.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Question about 4v's and oil return holes

So, the 4v heads only have 3 center oil return holes? Or are there ones on the ends like with 302 heads?

Just wondering, never looked into the mod motors to much yet.

·
Registered
257 Posts
:jawdrop

Well its been a few years since Ive seen Chris but I still owe him a Steak Dinner.

OnePercent: Im sorry to hear about your troubles but it seems that Ive heard nothing good about [email protected] Hasnt he had SuperKaz's car for over 18 months ? Why should JMS be held responsible to bill Brad ? Pay JMS and then sue Brad for his $hitty Turbo System. It sounds to me like Brad expected the car to be designed around his Turbo System and didnt Design the Turbo System for the car. JMS saying they will never install another companies Turbo kit is a strong statement.

BTW- Very professional and well written letter, except for "I am left with an overwhelming feeling of being screwed over, lied to and bullshitted at all turns."

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Hey Casey this is the guy who bought your Vortech setup last year.;) Sorry to hear of your troubles with JMS, I was looking forward to seeing your car completed with the turbo kit. I might say that I'm not surprised to hear this though. After JMS shipped your setup to me minus the correct pulley and other odds and ends I never recieved it was apparent they weren't the smartest of people. Hell after several weeks and 3 identical 3.6 pulleys shipped to me when I only asked for the 3.12 promised I will astounded that a mustang performance shop who praises themselves on blower installs couldn't tell the difference between a 3.6 and 3.12 pulley. To make it ever funnier, The size is stamped right on the pulley.:lol I won't spit out anymore of the bad taste left in my mouth from them, lord knows there's a hell of a story to that similar to your original post. At least Chris responded to you (Half assed). Nobody at JMS would respond to me and I treid all available routes of comunication. Just add me to the list of people that have had a bad experience with JMS. For those who don't know Casey, I'm putting my creditibility on the line to say that his post here has merit.

Razor.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've been mod'ing my car for nearly 6 years and CJ was one of the first folks that I've dealt with (tuning/chips) and he's always been more then willing to help out even above and beyond the call of duty. I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts