Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
This stuff is the REAL DEAL. I have seen it in person and seen it work wonders on every car that it has been used on. The software and interface are extremely user friendly but also very exact in everything it does. Having the versatility of tuning in 3D graphs and text is just flat out unbeatable. Also you have the ability to control just about every single function in the PCM.

We all knew that flashing is the best thing out there, this stuff is taking it to a whole new level!

Later,
Ashley

·
Registered
603 Posts
how will you upload info from the laptop to the PCM...will they need to modify the PCM to accept a cable from the laptop?

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Tim in SC said:
Everything is done through the obdii port. Tim
More details please, cost etc. Are all parameters mapped out or do we need to know mem locations on EEC we are working with? Cost?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All the work is already done for you all you have to do is tune and flash. That is the pcm though I don't want someone getting arrested for public nudity. Tim

·
Registered
603 Posts
do you have any detailed pictures of the maps...I'm curious if there are any maps for vacuum and boost.

I'm glad to see spark maps...something I've been waiting for the Mafterburner to do...

How 'bout data logging...can you incorporate a wideband...

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
doubleblack said:
do you have any detailed pictures of the maps...I'm curious if there are any maps for vacuum and boost.

I'm glad to see spark maps...something I've been waiting for the Mafterburner to do...

How 'bout data logging...can you incorporate a wideband...
Im sure Tim would be glad to talk to you but I bet he is pretty busy at the moment. From what I gather there will be parameters in his software that many other software doesnt address. It would seem Tim spared no expense at bring ALL parameters to light. I have heard on certian eeks in the past certian options were not available from "popular" software yet with his it will be an open book.

The initial release from what I understand is simply a tuning software but an extreme datalogging AND diagnostic package is soon to follow. It sounds truely amazing and I for one cant wait to take it for a spin.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I'm glad people are finally starting to understand how good this stuff is going to be and already is. I am just a little jealous that I am fixing to loose one of my advantages:D that I had with him tuning my car with this. Its going to be sweet!

Later guys,
Ashley

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi I am putting the final touches on the 03 Cobra file right now and I can tell you that I will give you more acess to the cobra than you can imagine. Yes I am going to incorprate the wide band into the eec-v, that why the name om the company is EFI Solutions and not EFI Software. Thanks guys I will be back tommorow. Tim

·
Registered
603 Posts
Tim in SC said:
Hi I am putting the final touches on the 03 Cobra file right now and I can tell you that I will give you more acess to the cobra than you can imagine. Yes I am going to incorprate the wide band into the eec-v, that why the name om the company is EFI Solutions and not EFI Software. Thanks guys I will be back tommorow. Tim
Tim, this system is starting to sound very impressive...I'm partially sold, but what would really make this system the sweetest deal would be solid base maps for various boost levels and mods so we could just pick and choose our reliable starting point...even if all your maps were for a different octane level than mine...

For instance, if all your tunes were done on 92 octane, I would upload your files and richen your fuel tables by a few percent and subtract some timing for safe measure to run w/ my 91 octane...

Again, base maps are important to the customer...when AEM first released the EMS for Supras, alot of the owners hated it because the customer had to figure out how to get the car to idle...and it was far from "plug and play" like it was labeled.

IMO, customers like to hear "plug and play"...the more time a company takes in developing and tuning these base maps, the more successfull the tuning system will be....

Is the software boost and vacuum sensative?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes there are some thing that has to do with boost and vaccum but not like you are thinking. I can only put in what Ford did, therefor the maps are load and rpm based for fuel. As far as a starting point Ford did a pretty good job on the Cobra and I will not be supplying tunes for the reason is someone will just put the file in without a wideband and stuff the gas pedal to the floor and consider it good even thought the a/f might be 20:1. I beleve that a Tune up I do here in S.C. won't be what is needed for a car in a high elevation. But I will supply my extensive knowldge on modfying the Ford fuel injection, I.E. what car responds to what changes and the little thing that make it a complete tune. I have been using the same things to tune with for a long time but I am by far the best. When you think you are the best then someone will show you something new. Let me know what I can do. Thanks Tim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts