Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay folks, here's what I've got for you. This is the tentative 2003 Cobra race for the East Coast before the snow flies! And, please, Hammer jump in here ...

Sunday, October 5, 2003
Gates open at 9:00am
Qualifying starts at NOON
New York International Raceway Park (585-382-3030)
IHRA track with record-setting race surface and marginal facilities
(The faster 03s in Upstate NY typically see 1.85-1.95 short times on F1s.)
Cost $15 to race, $10 to watch

This is a final race date for my MOMS Racing Mustang Shootout series (our ninth year of existence). This is all heads-up, pro-tree racing for street tired (no cheater slicks, etc.), drag radial (anything goes on a DOT tire), naturally aspirated, and power adder (anything goes with a SBF).

As of this writing, we will have two 2003 Cobra classes. One will be for stock-type street-tired cars with the stock blower, transmission, and IRS. The other will be for slick, drag radial, cheater slick equipped cars allowing any modification to the drive train (KB, C4 trans, live axle, etc.).

The strength of the MOMS Racing series is that we have never paid out money. We are a non-profit racing organization or club that I established while in graduate school in Syracuse. This is a heads-up, pro-tree racing event designed to give you the thrill of a street race without the pressures associated with big-time, national all-Ford events. We typically draw 50-100 cars on our Friday night events with over 500 spectators joining in the fun. We have generous sponsors who often kick in prizes for class winners and top performers (even best reaction time). Winners will get huge trophies for their efforts and talents.

More Info here ...

http://home.rochester.rr.com/tonys/

This is a great chance for you to come out and have a great time with your 03 Cobra (or any 79-up Mustang with SBF). The rules are loose, the track is fast, the "I don't have a roll bar" excuse won't come into play, and I promise you will have a blast.

Let me know what I can do to make this event even better.

Post any questions, and I'll try to get to them ASAP.
Thanks,
Jamie

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Jamie,

Sorry for snoozing on the job...I've had one hectic work schedule since we last talked.

This is a great event and I really appreciate everything that you do for the 03 Cobra evolution (more than most!).

I'll call you this week. NYIRP is not too bad of a trip for the NJ/PA guys and the NY guys have NO EXCUSE not to be there!

There's a lot of bad-ass performance shops within the vacinity of this track and it will be good to see them come out and represent on a track and day that promises to set new records.

And with Jamie in our corner and bearing down on the referees...well...who could ask for more?

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Hey Jamie, do you ever do any of these MOMS races in Cincy? I'd like to try that..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IWRBB,

Funny, we were talking about the "what ifs" of running a Mustang shootout in Cincinnati at Paul's Automotive Engineering on Saturday morning. It would probably make a nice little show, but I don't have any relationships with local track ownership. And, this area has several national events that are withing a 4-6 hour drive. Let me know if you're going to start one, I'd love to race instead of produce one of thes things.
Jamie

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
my03svtcobra said:
JT ,JIMMY V you going ???
SEAN
I am committed to the Atco track rental on the 6th

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Richard & Ken,

How about giving me a price to get you to Upstate NY?
I'll see what we can work out.

Travel safe to Bowling Green - I'm really looking forward to the shootout.

Thanks,
Jamie

·
Registered
404 Posts
Live axles and IRS in the same class................live axle and auto with C-4 VS an IRS with 6 speed.......might want to rethink that if it's heads up.
Chill

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
chillfactor said:
Live axles and IRS in the same class................live axle and auto with C-4 VS an IRS with 6 speed.......might want to rethink that if it's heads up.
Chill
Chill,

If a huge number of cars show up, I will.
Thanks for the advise.

Jamie

P.S. Please, re-read the goals of this race.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a quick follow up on this race.
The weather looks great for 03 Cobras this weekend - they are predicting snow in higher elivations of upstate NY this weekend! You'll probably see 40-50s on Sunday.
Hope to see a bunch of you there,
Jamie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts