Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've really been into the 4.6L and haven't had much exposure to the 5.0 except for my brothers car. I find the 4.6 so much cleaner and smoother. Plus I heard the 5.0 is for the kind of guys that really like RODS(pushrods,connecting rods) hmmm kind of strange to me lol.

Alain

·
Registered
47 Posts
98SILVERSTANG said:
I've really been into the 4.6L and haven't had much exposure to the 5.0 except for my brothers car. I find the 4.6 so much cleaner and smoother. Plus I heard the 5.0 is for the kind of guys that really like RODS(pushrods,connecting rods) hmmm kind of strange to me lol.

Alain
I bet you are getting good at putting the motor in and out of the car all the time too :) Those things look too damn tight for space to work on!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Pussey:jawdropRods,Flat heads,8 track tapes,Smoke signals all work well.

This new fangled technology is hard to get use to.:D

jim v.

G

·
A yes..nothing like an old pushrod motor...

Hotrodding in my earlier days...

Smaller secondary rods in the quadrajet 4 barrel...get rid of the secondary rod that made for slow opening. Disconnect vacuum advance for better performance in a stick car. Add lighter springs in the distributer(faster timing advance) Set timing at 14 initial 36 total...open air cleaner(or flip the aircleaner lid) helped alot and you got that whhoooomp sound :D I do miss those days...but these new motors and computers sure do make things alot easier... and the aftershock is amazing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts