Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the trick here guys on yall running deep into the 11's on motor? i know im not the best driver, but some of these cars are going 11.5-11.03 on motor is crazy, something is not being said. im running consistent 12.2 on motor at 115 mph with 1.7 60 ft. on n2o 100 shot the car goes 11.7 at 120 mph with a 1.6 60 ft.

basic bolts ons

x3 with lund tune
airaid cai
lethal off road x
magnaflow race axle back
boss manifold
zex 100 shot with n2o outlet plate
3.73 gears
cobra jet drag springs
bmr lca
steeda adj pan hard and brace
28x1150x15 m/t et street
racestar wheels front and rear

even if i get my sixty ft times down a tenth or 2, thats not going to make up 1 sec on motor. are these car running on race fuel e85 or 93 pump? are these factory freaks with an extra 100+ hp. who is tuning these cars.

please help me understand....

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never street driven on the et streets, track duty only. no my tuner will only set my rev limiter at 7200 rpm. who are yall using that will go as high as 7800??

· Registered
309 Posts
So you have a Lund tune and he'll not go over 7.2k? Hard to believe because I remember reading that most tuners will set the auto cars to shift 7.2-7.3k and Lund was one of those that will push it to 7.5k with stock intake. Is your car manual or auto? With the boss intake you need to spin that engine high...no point to have it and shift so low. There are a few tuners that I would get a tune from but that's up to you.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No i asked lund he said no without having upgraded valve springs. 7200 rpm is max he will set for me.

What other tuners do yall recomend

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Manual car

· Registered
309 Posts
No i asked lund he said no without having upgraded valve springs. 7200 rpm is max he will set for me.

What other tuners do yall recomend
If you read some more in this same forum you'll find that some tuner's names/shops always come up. To mention a few Woodbine motorsports, upr, jpc, aed, livernois, brookspeed, bbr, vmp and amazon tuning. I have a bbr and vmp tune and like the vmp one for the excellent driveability. I would suggest to go with a tuner that has a 5.0 with similar mods, especially one with a manual transmission, like woodbine, upr, jpc or aed. There are just so many to choose from but I rather not pick my choice and leave it up to you.

· Registered
1,108 Posts
whats the trick here guys on yall running deep into the 11's on motor? i know im not the best driver, but some of these cars are going 11.5-11.03 on motor is crazy, something is not being said. im running consistent 12.2 on motor at 115 mph with 1.7 60 ft. on n2o 100 shot the car goes 11.7 at 120 mph with a 1.6 60 ft.

basic bolts ons

x3 with lund tune
airaid cai
lethal off road x
magnaflow race axle back
boss manifold
3.73 gears
cobra jet drag springs
bmr lca
28x1150x15 m/t et street

even if i get my sixty ft times down a tenth or 2, thats not going to make up 1 sec on motor. are these car running on race fuel e85 or 93 pump? are these factory freaks with an extra 100+ hp. who is tuning these cars.

My automatic would do consistent 12.0s with just a tune and drag radials in +600' of air.

I'm going to be blunt. Either learn how to get the most out of your stick car, or buy an automatic...

· Registered
391 Posts
Sounds like it just needs a driver mod. The mph is there. Can you launch it at a higher rpm? I was cutting 1.5 60's with basically the same tire on spray and on a crappy prepped track. You need to WOT shift that thing too.

· Registered
997 Posts
My car ran mid 11's @ 118. 75* temp and 80% humidity.
Lund 93 tune Shifted @7400
Circle D 36-3800 stall
M/T drag radials (Bigs & Littles)
Eibach Pro Kit
3.73 Gears

· Registered
214 Posts
The trick is get rid of the boss intake. There are two guys local that have them and it's killing their times. I ran [email protected] with 295/55/15 mt dr and littles up front with CAI, BBR mail tune and full exhaust. This is a full weight premium brembo car minus the wheels

· Registered
2,099 Posts
I don't think the Boss is killing him. He just has to have it rev to where it needs. Only shifting at 7200rpm's is killing him. Take it out to 7800 and shift at 7700 at least.

162 Posts
The trick is get rid of the boss intake. There are two guys local that have them and it's killing their times. I ran [email protected] with 295/55/15 mt dr and littles up front with CAI, BBR mail tune and full exhaust. This is a full weight premium brembo car minus the wheels
The Boss intake works. We saw a .3 drop in et just by installing the intake and raising the shifts to 7700, with no timing or cam timing changes. I do agree that it has to be shifted no lower then 7500 to see any real gains.

162 Posts

basic bolts ons

x3 with lund tune
airaid cai
lethal off road x
magnaflow race axle back
boss manifold
3.73 gears
cobra jet drag springs
bmr lca
28x1150x15 m/t et street

You should be there. It does need to be shifted at least by 7500 or higher.

We are usually at HRP on fridays, give the shop a call and talk to Benny. We can meet up at HRP and try and see if there is anything else going on. We can get your limiter raised up to.

· Registered
309 Posts
Those of you with autos, where are you shifting at with the stock intake? I honestly think that the biggest variation between the times that people post are the shift points. And of course those who have the advantage to run in DAs that are very low or negative. Mine is set to shift at 7.2K but I need to take it to the track since I feel that there are gains to be had with just different shift points.

· Registered
214 Posts
The Boss intake works. We saw a .3 drop in et just by installing the intake and raising the shifts to 7700, with no timing or cam timing changes. I do agree that it has to be shifted no lower then 7500 to see any real gains.
I'm not saying the boss intake doesn't work. It's just not working for the OP. I have seen a few guys that it works for NA. The two guys I know personally it hasn't worked for them. It may be a tuning issue but one guy wasn't making any more hp past 7300so why rev it any more?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.