Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
The whole third brake light is one piece, LED's and all. If you want one, you'll have to go used, or pay a few hundred to Ford to get one.

Best of luck-

·
Registered
725 Posts
it does have a cover, why cant someone make a billet option with cobra or something in it and a red backing, then it would break

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I think someone needs to address the real problem because even an oem replacement will crack again. The problem is with the actual spoiler. The area over the 3rd brake light is very thin so when the trunk is closed, it flexes and cracks the lense over time. If someone makes some sort of reinforcement for this area I'd go for it. A billet light would work but I'd rather have the stock look.

·
Registered
340 Posts
i got mine from steve at tousley ford for like 120 bucks.. There 185 normally i believe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i was so smart, i accidentally put my hand on it while pushing the car in my shop. . . . . . in case you were wondering. . its not structural. . :(

·
Registered
340 Posts
i was so smart, i accidentally put my hand on it while pushing the car in my shop. . . . . . in case you were wondering. . its not structural. . :(
yea same here.. my friends were pushing me and decided to push on the light... and i dont think you could get just a lens there pretty much one piece. :dunno2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
like the sig says.........i put it up there to prove a point......i own a cobra i love the ford community i have generally good input i am an enthusiast......but people have issues with members stating their opinion...i did and was banned....lightning larry is a joke...and i'm kinda hopin a die hard svtp member will see this and get it back to him.... cause he wont respond to my email and pretty much treated me like a kid.....nice site jackass owners

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'm telling you, billet ones, or billet framed ones, then you can have it powder coated or anodized whatever color you want and then it won't break!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts