Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks in advance.

Im leaning towards a smaller pulley on my Eaton cause it seems like the cheapest way to get more power.

I am the kind of person that gets real upset if my car doesnt run well. What pulley would be recommended for good power gains but no side effects?

Does belt slippage occur with any smaller size pulley or only if you go to extremes?

I run 12.56 @111 now with Nittos/K+N silencer removed

I would like to get to 12.0 maybe 11.9 would be nice hehehe but id like to be dialing 12.0 for brackets

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
For a daily driver the 310 pulley is good choice..I never had belt slippage with the 310..I have a 3.00 on now.
I think with the right size belt you won't get slippage with a 310.

Smaller size pulleys 2.9 . 2.8, 2.7 will need Tensioner Idler pulley.
If you don't mind spinning the Blower that fast.

Good choice is DUB setup,,You can use a street pulley, lets say 310 and a 280 at the track..With just changing out 1 screw.

jim v.

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
Changing one screw and a belt...right?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

how much horsepower would you estimate I gain with a 310 pulley?

I think ill do that and see what a chip can do for me.

Thanks Jim

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
prolly put you around 420 or so without exhaust.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok

I have never had my car dynoed yet. What are they stock 370?? so only about 50 HP from 310 pulley... Thats still pretty nice from a $25 part!

·
Registered
661 Posts
With just a pulley , 3.10 You may get 410-420 , I would also use an idler set up , I have seen them slip with just the 3.10,
nitro

·
Registered
521 Posts
Re: ok

silverbullet said:
I have never had my car dynoed yet. What are they stock 370?? so only about 50 HP from 310 pulley... Thats still pretty nice from a $25 part!
If you know where to get them for $25 bucks, I'll take several....:shocked

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sign me up too. I just paid 85 for my 3.10 press on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had my car dyno'd today after installing the 3.1 pulley,454 rwhp,458 rwtq sae:D I'm real happy with the results.You can really feel the differance.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'm getting 425RWHP & 394RWTQ with nothing more than the mods in my sig. Just dyno'ed it Saturday. It's a little lean, but nothing that the MAFterburner won't clear up.

U.M.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts