Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The twin butterflies on my TB are gunked up. I was going to use some TB/Intake Cleaner and ran across some info that the ford throttle bodies supposedly have a coating on the inside and ur not supposed to use anything on it or who knows what happens. Some TB's actually have a sticker saying do not clean. Anybody heard of this? Is it true, and if so wtf do i use to clean the butterflies?

·
Demented and old
5,322 Posts
i never have heard anything like that ,throttle bodies get dirty and need to be cleaned out to prevent throttles from sticking-plus when they get ported that finish would be gone

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
BG makes a TB cleaner thats coating safe, but i dont think our TBs are coated.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you look inside where the t-body butterflies rest when fully closed you can see a thin bead of some compound or another all the way around the t-body only about 1/8 of an inch wide. Every stock cobra t-body I have seen has had this coating on it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hmmm... I've ported several and cleaned them all with brake cleaner. Never a problem.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Just before you spray it into the TB, take the straw off. Don't want it to shoot inside if it comes off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts