Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whipple sells two different monoblades, one for the GT500 and one for the GT. I have a monoblade which I am trying to replace, but what options do I have? I assume VMP's 66mm dual bolt pattern is spaced for a GT500, and wont work on my Whipple manifold?
I'm trying to avoid buying a $500 TB only to have it not fit.

Thanks

·
Im Not Banned...yet
5,362 Posts
Do you have a built Motor? Do you run more than 12-14psi? If not then the TB will not give you much in the terms of HP gains because you havent reached its max flow yet. If so, the GT500 Monoblade will not fit your whipple without an adapter plate. The main difference between the 2 is the mounting points. either will suit you well

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a built motor, running the 3.0" pulley and a Whipple monoblade. With his combo, I'm showing just over 12psi at my elevation. The problem is with the monoblade: poor idle control, non-linear flow rates. I want to switch it out with something else......the only thing bigger than stock that I think will work is a BBk TB.....

·
Im Not Banned...yet
5,362 Posts
I have a built motor, running the 3.0" pulley and a Whipple monoblade. With his combo, I'm showing just over 12psi at my elevation. The problem is with the monoblade: poor idle control, non-linear flow rates. I want to switch it out with something else......the only thing bigger than stock that I think will work is a BBk TB.....
Stay away from the BBK TB's. more often than not, they end up as paperweights. I have a monoblade TB myself and have no idle issues. I would try to find a new tuner. Dan at Pro Dyno tuned mine and he got it perfect with a HPX maf, BBR stage 2 cams and monoblade TB> I also have 83# injectors and msot tuners wouldnt even talk to me when i said i had those, claimed they couldnt be tuned but he did it and did it well

·
Registered
17 Posts
Look into BBR's GT500. I run 12psi and picked up 20 H.P with no drivability issues. You will have to get smaller bolts and cheat it over a little but it does fit.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will see what Eric Brooks can do when the car comes out this spring. Justin @ VMP doesn't care for the monoblades either...
I find it is way to abrupt right off low throttle, possibly causing my MAF spike between 2000-3000 RPM during heavyish throttle tip-in. I don't really have options to find new tuners.......very hit and miss round these parts.

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
I will see what Eric Brooks can do when the car comes out this spring. Justin @ VMP doesn't care for the monoblades either...
I find it is way to abrupt right off low throttle, possibly causing my MAF spike between 2000-3000 RPM during heavyish throttle tip-in. I don't really have options to find new tuners.......very hit and miss round these parts.
I'll get you fixed up when I come up after the snow thaws.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll get you fixed up when I come up after the snow thaws.
LMAO. You moving to Alberta? Hahaha.
Works for me Eric. You'll probably get most of it figured remotely. I'm not shy of datalogs and 3rd gear WOT runs. :p

·
Registered
367 Posts
Whipple sells two different monoblades, one for the GT500 and one for the GT. I have a monoblade which I am trying to replace, but what options do I have? I assume VMP's 66mm dual bolt pattern is spaced for a GT500, and wont work on my Whipple manifold?
I'm trying to avoid buying a $500 TB only to have it not fit.

Thanks
the one i bought from whipple( 1700cfm mono) was $650, and the inlet to the blower had to be ported, the center section had to be removed, i think thats what had to be done(i had it done),anyway, other than that it fit perfact, and my hp went from 477 and out of air to 554 and lovin it. why are you replacing the monoblade?

·
Registered
367 Posts
the one i bought from whipple( 1700cfm mono) was $650, and the inlet to the blower had to be ported, the center section had to be removed, i think thats what had to be done(i had it done),anyway, other than that it fit perfact, and my hp went from 477 and out of air to 554 and lovin it. why are you replacing the monoblade?
nevermind, i shoulda read the whole post.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Mono-blades will work fine with the correct calibration. They're certainly more work to calibrate, but many have had zero issues with them. Anything after a 3 3/8" SC pulley will start to see a significant difference with the mono blade tb.

Thanks,
Dustin

·
Registered
743 Posts
Mono-blades will work fine with the correct calibration. They're certainly more work to calibrate, but many have had zero issues with them. Anything after a 3 3/8" SC pulley will start to see a significant difference with the mono blade tb.

Thanks,
Dustin
Hey Dustin, would you happen to know what mods will need to be done for this to fit a Saleen blower? I have the blower maxed out and I need more. I still have the stock throttle body.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hey Dustin, would you happen to know what mods will need to be done for this to fit a Saleen blower? I have the blower maxed out and I need more. I still have the stock throttle body.
To my knowledge, you just need to open up the intake by removing the center section. Then it will bolt right on.

Thanks,
Dustin

·
Registered
467 Posts
Paul,

You need a bigger supercharger to feed that Stroker motor, that baby Saleen isn't even tickling it!

You could always hide a bottle and spray like other Fast S197's do that run the Saleen Supercharger....:bigwink:

What did you think of the 2007 Mustang GT Race Car we built for Chris from the ground up with that Built Engine, Nasty Cams, F1A Procharger, Roll Cage, Drag Suspension, and Bogart's all the way around!

That car will make 1,000 RWHP with Boost Only once the engine breaks in!

Fred
Evolution Performance, Inc.
www.evoperform.com

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hey what's going on Fred? Yea the only thing left to do to that small blower is spray it. LOL That is one nasty car u guys build Chris. I am no longer gonna have the fastest street car in Hammonton. I actually wanted to buy his D1 setup. I'm gonna see about that.

Paul,

You need a bigger supercharger to feed that Stroker motor, that baby Saleen isn't even tickling it!

You could always hide a bottle and spray like other Fast S197's do that run the Saleen Supercharger....:bigwink:

What did you think of the 2007 Mustang GT Race Car we built for Chris from the ground up with that Built Engine, Nasty Cams, F1A Procharger, Roll Cage, Drag Suspension, and Bogart's all the way around!

That car will make 1,000 RWHP with Boost Only once the engine breaks in!

Fred
Evolution Performance, Inc.
www.evoperform.com

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey what's going on Fred? Yea the only thing left to do to that small blower is spray it. LOL That is one nasty car u guys build Chris. I am no longer gonna have the fastest street car in Hammonton. I actually wanted to buy his D1 setup. I'm gonna see about that.
Chris is really impressed with the setup! That engine we did is totally baddass and the custom cams set it off!

Paul, I have an idea for your car, give me a call, 610-485-3596!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts