Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

You asked for it and we delivered. After many requests from dealers and regular clients Thump RRR Racing just introduced the only High Performance Single Bolt Tensioner in the market.

Suitable for high performance 1996-2004 Ford Cars which are fitted with single bolt tensioner. Some of it's features include:
  • Heavy duty CNC machined alluminum bracket
  • Prevents tensioner from bending & breaking under heavy loads
  • Significantly reduces belt slip
  • Lifetime Replacement Guarantee
For more information and to place an order please go to www.thumpracing.com

First 50 orders will get a 15% discount. Offer good until September 30th.

To get your discount use promo code SINGLE15 (all CAPITAL letters) on the check out page.

To talk to us please call Peter @ 1 862 210 8512

·
svtoa-nashville
1,245 Posts
ok great thanks :beerchug:

acc. as in power steering / water pump/ harm. bal. / ac comp.

my car is a 03-cobra & they have two serp. belts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Oh yes, I now know what you mean. it's for the s/c not the acc.
the s/c tensioner on the 03/04 cobra is a 3 bolt tensioner. the accesory 6 rib belt tensioner is the 1 bolt design. the new thump racing tensioner should be for the accesory drive belt on 03/04 cobra/mach1 and 2 valve 1 bolt designs.

·
Registered
248 Posts
$365 plus shipping. there maybe a posible 15% discount from being a Modular Fords member.

·
Registered
248 Posts
There's a 15% discount for the first 50 orders until Spet. 30th. You can use promo code SINGLE15
I wish I knew bout that before I bought my new 1 bolt tensioner from you guys. oh well I gues.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Man this is perfect i just bent the stock one on my 98. will this change my belt size?

·
Registered
42 Posts
no you don't need to change the size of your belt
Thank you. As a side note i am in Iraq right now and the shop doing my work ordered the tensioner and installed it yesterday. he said it was the best one he has seen yet and the install was very smooth. and everything lined up perfect. Thanx again for a great product. the car is a 98 gt pi swapped heads with a KB 2.1.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for your kind words. We are trying very hard to bring out the best possible products and offer value for money. It's very rewarding for us to get comments such as yours. Thank you

·
One bad 2v
1,579 Posts
I got mine on about 2 weeks ago. It works perfect and stopped all belt slip. I was only making 22lbs of boost before the tentioner with an 8 rib setup and now making 27lbs. It fits perfectly behind a Novi bracket.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I got mine on about 2 weeks ago. It works perfect and stopped all belt slip. I was only making 22lbs of boost before the tentioner with an 8 rib setup and now making 27lbs. It fits perfectly behind a Novi bracket.
wow! no more having to swap timing covers :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
well I wish I could say that this tensioner fixed all my belt problems but thats not the case. This new tensioner is a very well crafted and sick lookin unit! I just cant get an 8 rib belt to fit my setup. first of all lets make the record straight. Im not bitchin bout the product. I thinks it's the shit and i'v been watin for this. My issue is the that runnin out of ideas to make all this shit work. It's a 2003 Mach 1 4v engine with a vortech ysi. I switched over to G.I. Joe's 8 rib with a 10% overdriven I/W crank, 2.7 R/R blower pulley and a stock size water pump pulley. Iv tried the only two 8 rib belts 112.5" and 110 3/4" belts. too big and too small. I had to space out the A/C compressor about an 1" to 1.5" to get the 112.5" belt to some what fit then belt rubbed between new tensioner pulley and upper idler pulley. Are there any idler pullies smaller than 76mm that will work with an 8 rib belt? Has anyone come accross this with a Mach1 before, there has to be other people out there with this issue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts