Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has the fix for the "tick" been sent to all SVT dealers? I called the dealer where I bought my cobra )in Griffin, Georgia) and he said that he hasn't heard anything about it. He told me that I could drop my car off and, since it's still under warranty, he'd have a look. I live in Fort Benning, GA which is quite a distance away. I want to get rid of the TICK. I even read the sticky that was posted here over the phone and he still says that he hasn't heard anything from Ford. Does anyone know if this will be coming out from Ford or do I need to find another SVT dealer to have the head swapped? I am getting frustrated because I want to add some mods but not until I get the tick fixed. Thanks..:mad:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tick

Yes.Ford does have a fix in place,Have your Dealer check Tsb on 5/23/03 Number 03-11-4,that will solve your problem with dealer..

Good Luck

·
Registered
374 Posts
I got my car in maine live in mass and having it fixed in RI. When I went there I told the advisor my car was ticking and there is a TSB to fix it. I said the TAB involved replacing the passenger's side head. He sai ok, I took the shop foreman for a ride and he ordered the parts.

I went back the following day to see if they started taking my car apart and to drop off my headers to be installed and I saw another 03 all apart having it down. So they obviously know about it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
had mine done , been about 800 miles . I haven't heard it since.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts