Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has a ticking noise. It sounds like its from under the passanger side of the dash, but there is nothing in there that would do it, so I'm assuming it's from that side of the engine.

I can hear it under LIGHT acceleration. The ticking increases the more you accelerate. It's noticable when I'm in too high of a gear and my exhaust is quite. It stops as soon as I take my foot off the gas. It's not there at idle or cruising in nuetral.

I just recently started hearing this.
Anybody know what this could be? Is this the cams like I heard the 03 guys talking about? My cars in the bodyshop now, but I'm still concerned...

Darren

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many miles did it take to go away?

What can I do to prevent detonation? I CANNOT afford to have something bad go wrong I only use 91octane (highest in CA) and I have a custom tuned chip. Should I take it back to the tuner?

Now you got me all worried:( :(

Darren

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NX330MustangGT said:
What oil are you using? Try switching to Amsoil fully synthetic - I hear that cured a few DOHC's valvetrain rattle. - John
All this motor's seen is Mobil1 5w30. What weight Amsoil should I use? Is this the valvetrain or detonation?

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I'll try it ASAP once my car's out of the shop...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts