Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to the track last night to make a couple of runs. It was cool and breezy but with lots of moisture in the air. There was dew all over the cars and the track. We made a few passes on the car with a new spring setup and had some traction issues not only in 1st but 2nd gear as well. The best we were able to crack off was a [email protected]+. That's with the car sideways even worse then our [email protected] run. I'll have a video up for you guys to see later on this evening. We'll have the car up in the air tomorrow to see what's going on. We know for sure from this pic though that it's time for an Anti-Roll Kit from BMR Fabrication. That should definitely help the car from twisting like it is and hopefully help with some of our traction issues. Once we get the suspension dialed in we're gonna turn things up. The car is also going in for a cage next week so we'll be sure to post plenty of pics of that as well.

YouTube- Take a ride along side the 9 second Lethal Performance 2010 GT500. WWW.LETHALPERFORMANCE.COM

\

BMR 2010 Shelby GT500 XTREME Anti-Roll Bar Kit [XSB005] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, seeing that front end up is awesome! What are you guys doing for a line-loc? I had problems fitting one to my 2010.
We're not running a line lock yet. We're working on making one specific for the 2010 though. Should have it finished within the next week. Just waiting on some fittings from one of my suppliers. We'll post up another thread once we've finished putting it together.

Jared

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Not using a line lock yet, we have solenoids and fittings ready, just have to bend the lines, going to make our own kit.

·
Registered
203 Posts
We're not running a line lock yet. We're working on making one specific for the 2010 though. Should have it finished within the next week. Just waiting on some fittings from one of my suppliers. We'll post up another thread once we've finished putting it together.

Jared
Dig it! Make a kit for sale and I'll be the first in line! Your car is awesome BTW.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Not for long. Dropping the car off today for an 8.50 certified cage.
Thats great Jared, making it safer for your driver! Looks like you may need to add a little more HP, with adding the anti roll bar and full cage you will be picking up about a 100 pounds, about the same you loss with the aluminum block, thats racing! :mad2: Good luck, fun watching your progress, I love it! Bill

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats great Jared, making it safer for your driver! Looks like you may need to add a little more HP, with adding the anti roll bar and full cage you will be picking up about a 100 pounds, about the same you loss with the aluminum block, thats racing! :mad2: Good luck, fun watching your progress, I love it! Bill
Thank Bill. I guess we'll see how things go once the cage is done. Plenty of room still left in the 4.0L. We're only spinning it to 21.5psi with the 4" pulley blower only. The 3.5" should produce 28psi. :shok:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Jared,

Are you having Chromoly or Mild steel for the cage? Chromoly will save you about 25-30 lbs from a Mild steel on a 10 point. Little more pricey, though. I went with Chromoly.

With the dash already apart, rip out all that HVAC junk. lol... Blower motor, wiper motor, P/S pump, A/C compressor and power brakes. That'll drop another 150 lbs. C'mon man !!! You'll go faster, easier, with less weight than POWA !!!!!!!

Take care and good luck bro,

J.R.

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jared,

Are you having Chromoly or Mild steel for the cage? Chromoly will save you about 25-30 lbs from a Mild steel on a 10 point. Little more pricey, though. I went with Chromoly.

With the dash already apart, rip out all that HVAC junk. lol... Blower motor, wiper motor, P/S pump, A/C compressor and power brakes. That'll drop another 150 lbs. C'mon man !!! You'll go faster, easier, with less weight than POWA !!!!!!!

Take care and good luck bro,

J.R.
Chromoly bro...

We're not tearing all that other stuff out now. As much as I'd love the weight savings the car is still gonna have A/C and all the other stock functions. We're just gonna have to make more power to offset the weight issue.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I gotcha'... I don't blame you. That car is a real beauty..

The cage will stiffen things up and help with your suspension goals. Pinion angle will change with the additional weight from the BMR parts and cage. Just have to get Jeremy's butt back in the seat to re-set it while it's loaded..

Good luck. I know you guys will get there !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts