Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a scan tool on the car lastnight to check the timing #'s @ WOT. Seems 22.8 degrees of advance seems to be the popular # for my car.

I have heard some tuners adding as much as 25-26 degrees of timing. Just seeing how I stacked up with some of you other guys in the timing department.

·
Registered
246 Posts
When i was on the dyno my timing advance was 25 degrees,but when the car was actually driving down the road with a load on it the timing advance was 23.5 degrees. Broke you need to get a good race tune with 25 degrees timing and air-fuel around 12.2 and go get your 1st 10 second pass in good air!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am gonna dyno again here soon, if the a/f isnt straightened out by then. Getting two new programs on my chip. One race and one for street. Then will probably get another chip for the spray. Or have them take out some timing from my street tune, since its already at 22 which isnt a whole lot to begin with.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
HIGH ROLLER said:
but when the car was actually driving down the road with a load on it the timing advance was 23.5 degrees.
How the hell do you know that :shootbird

--Joe

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or The Diablo Hellion Scan Tool will also work

ATAP you can log though

·
Registered
352 Posts
You most likely wont have to pull 1 degree of timing if you go with the juice bro. Wet kit?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Broke , 2KBill and I hooked up his Hellion to my car at the mod shootout and I was getting 25.7-25.9 @ WOT. I have heard some very reputable tuners say more timing doesnt do anything for these cars so who knows. Yours being at 22 or so sounds like about all Diablo tunes and obviously it works, if your track was still open I would be glad to mail my race tune to ya and you could try it out and see if it picks your car up.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would sell my left nut on ebay to run right now in this weather. Mid to low 40's, but track has been closed since september 2nd.

Gotta wait till May1st, should have it dialed in on the dyno by then with a 4lb lower and 50 shot.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
I had asked about timing in the past. I think it was dustoff who posted some logs of his car with the KB chip and diablo Chip. My power was a bit down and I was think9ng it could be due tolack of timing. He posted the diablo was at 19 and KB at 23. I really need to log mine and see where it is at because I just got another reburn and power is simply nuts. I almost did a 360 in the middle of traffic the other day when I went to pass and goosed it in second at 35mph or so. Tires just ripped loose and all hell broke loose, almost lost it.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
an eaton car can take 23, maybe 24... but no more safely. A 15PSI KB car should take 20, maybe 21... but no more safely.

I've done quite a few supercharged 4V, turbo 4V, and KB cars, and to date none have broken.

my $.02

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
While getting my car tuned at Larocca's we noticed no gain in power with anymore than 21.5 degrees of timing.....My .02

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
bassin247 said:
my bad, you came off like a meathead, I didn't know you knew him personally. :shocked
Thinking you know everything makes you the meathead.

Back to timing talk..............

--Joe

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Blown03 nice info. I thought I had heard someone say these cars dont make anymore power with more timing but wasnt sure. Be nice if some of the TUNERS would step in and spit out some info. How much timing advance did you guys try at Laroccas???

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
soap said:
Thinking you know everything makes you the meathead.

Back to timing talk..............

--Joe
Ok, now I'm not the one who is sure if this is friendly ball busting, or just plain ball busting.

If it is the latter, please dial it down a notch...
Thanks,

JT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts