Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of Timing are you guys running with your Chips ? Please tell how many # pulley your running.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i'm running 22 degrees of timing w/ a 10 lb pulley and a asp 1.5 upper truck only makes 15 psi. 11.4 a/f under boost:jawdrop

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys,

Eatoncharged :D What is your total boost ? How much extra do you see with the 2.84 Pulley ?

rdy2rac, Whats the reason you are seeing only 15#'s with 19#'s of pulleys ? Im assumming that with that much boost and timing you have a built bottomend, are you heads also ported or is belt slipping that bad ?

I just got my extra PCM reflashed today, it has a total of 15 degrees. I verified this with a NGS and the stock PCM has a total of 12 degrees. The extra 3 degrees really woke the truck up, I cant imagine what 3 more degrees would do. The truck is a totally new animal, Im running a 6# lower pulley and today saw 14-15 #s boost. The high today was 70 degrees and I just got home and temps are already below 50. Today my IAT (At filter) was 78 degrees(Open Element K&N) and during a 20-130 run temps IAT2 (After intercooler) were 115 degrees. I cant wait for Cordova this weekend, if the cool weather hangs Im gonna run some numbers.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
John M. said:

rdy2rac, Whats the reason you are seeing only 15#'s with 19#'s of pulleys ? Im assumming that with that much boost and timing you have a built bottomend, are you heads also ported or is belt slipping that bad ?
Thanks
John
ok yes i have stage 2 ported foxlake (modmax) heads and port matched lower intake. larger valves w/ stock cams. stepped long tubes w/ 3 inch exhaust x-pipe and 2 3 inch dynomax racemagnum ultraflow mufflers dumped in front of the axle and a fuel cell were the spare use to be(removed stock tank). STOCK BLOCK (gonna run it til it blows). the eaton is just about done. if all goes well this winter the truck will have a turbo on it by next spring. my truck was dyno tuned on a mustang dyne (puts real world loads on the rollers unlike a dynojet) my a/f's are 11.3-11.4 and i have a uego 1000 air/fuel meter on my steering column and watch it every pass. and my truck has never been a daily driver and in the last 2 outta the 3 years ive had i've only put about 1000 miles on it mostly at the track.

·
Registered
924 Posts
robert are you having any luck with the turbo set up. What company are you going to use and what size turbo. :blob

·
Registered
79 Posts
rdy2rac -

Do you have any pictures of your fuel cell install?

Ive been considering this for a while (Dont like running 10gallons of gas at a time to stop the pumps from starving..)

Thanks!
Dale

(DAMN Im asking a lot of questions lately, lol!!)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i'll try and get some pics this weekend for you. and i run 16 gallons in it right now (i need to remount the pump in a better location) if i dont run atleast half a tank it starves the pump sometimes and cavitates.

as far as the turbo deal goes, still waiting to here from them.

·
Registered
352 Posts
My new tune varies between 14 to 15 degrees on the street. A/F is at 10.8 across the board with some dips in the 11.1 range. Working on getting that dialed in now.

My new race tune is at 22 degrees and its not finished yet. Still got some room to play with it.

My truck runs extremely rich and always has. Pretty odd.

·
Registered
79 Posts
rdy2rc - Thanks!

My current street program is 13-degrees down to 10degrees

Race program is 21 or 23degrees (Cant remember which)

-Dale

·
Registered
447 Posts
I run 9 degree's on the street side and 20 degree's on the race. On pump gas on the street tune I run 20psi. At the track I usually run 20psi, but I've bumped it to 24psi with the street side a couple times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts